“new menu worth a try”

Ranked #42 of 82 Restaurants in Lexington
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 17, 2013

they have some great new healthy options - their lime cilantro shrimp is fabulous - and they had good service. a little skimpy on the drink pours but that may be heavily regulated.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

It's bad enough that they toned down their desserts, but now they've turned the heat up on their entrees! I had lemon shrimp over creamy rice, and I couldn't eat any more than two bites because it burned my mouth! My son had a cheeseburger and he barely put it in his mouth when he felt the heat. And I'm not talking about opposite of cold! I'm giving it a 3 because the server was a kind, friendly soul. That, and this place is probably suitable for those who DO like spicy food.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We had a great experience at this Applebee's. Our server was excellent and we never had to ask for anything even though it was a Saturday night. The food was good too - our steaks were cooked perfectly and the bartender even knew how to make a vodka collins (nobody knows how to make those anymore). I will definitely return if I'm ever in the area again.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

The menu listed several new appetizers like soft pretzels with dips, and tempura style green beans. We opted for soup and salad for lunch and were surprised at the large salad that came with the soup. The soups were tasty and there are some new additions with the soups, too. The updated menu is a definite plus. Service was very good. The wait person replaced my empty water glass without being asked, and checked back a couple times to follow up. I would suggest double checking the way the soup and salad menu reads, as they advertise soup and salad for $6.99 and a luncheon for $8.99, but the $6.99 is limited to one type of soup and one type of salad. I mistakenly ordered the wrong soup and salad combo and paid the $8.99 for my lunch instead of the $6.99 that I thought I had ordered.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Never a failed burger but new Canjun offer not recommended. Stick with the tried an true, the Chef at this site not up to speed yet. Son loves it, I've not been impressed. Other restaurants in town provide better flavor and choices. Service at this site consistently good . . .wish the food matched that quality!