“Don't Miss a Chance to Stay”
Review of 502 South Main

502 South Main
Ranked #1 of 19 Lexington B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 18, 2014

502 South Main - A very pleasant B&B experience! The rooms are well appointed and have many little touches that make the accommodations special ... and the Inn is conveniently located. However, the best feature is your very accommodating and gracious hosts, Russ and Mary Stuart. A warm and welcoming reception, exceptional service, and an assortment of home-made goodies ... topped off by good, hearty breakfast ... as some would say, it doesn't get much better than that! I'll be back!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for 502 South Main

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Why would anyone stay in an ordinary chain hotel, when you can stay in an amazing B&B? Russ and Mary Stuart couldn’t have been more pleasant. The rooms are amazing, and not overdone like some other B&B's. Great reception, great service, and great location. I was treated like family, and it was the little touches that you often don't find, anywhere, anymore, that made it really special. I will definately stay there again, and this time bring my wife. She loves B&B's and she was so jealous when I showed her the picture of my room. Remember, why stay in an ordinary hotel chain when you can have the extrordinary at 502 South Main in Lexington, VA. (signed, VMI alumni, class of 1978).

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Owners couldn't have been nicer, more helpful and accommodations were first rate. Unfortunately had to catch an early plane so sadly missed what I'm sure was a delicious breakfast. Lexington is always such a treat to visit. Why spoil the experience staying anywhere else? I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I have never taken the time to write a review; but must for 502 South Main. I can not recommend it highly enough. The rooms are beautiful and have everything a traveler might need. The Inn is in the Historic part of town, convenient to W&L and VMI. Russ and Mary Stuart could not have been more welcoming. My daughter and I were greeted with warm cookies and ice tea. When I asked for information on hiking trails, Mary Stuart not only provided a map with options; but drove me there the next day where we went on a 5 mile walk together! The breaksfasts were delicious. Russ and Mary Stuart have the perfect mix of attending to your every need without invading your privacy. The only problem is they have 3 rooms and not 30!

Lynn C

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 10, 2014

A high percentage of the reviews on this helpful website are very accurate and harshly candid, because most of the writers are discriminating, experienced travelers and diners.

But when I read the litany of five star reviews about 502 South Main Street B&B, I wondered to myself, how can it have 99% five stars and only one 4 star?

My wife and I stayed a few weeks back and even after a few weeks, and we're wholeheartedly adding our five star rating to the pack. Our son is wrapping up his W&L stint and we're kicking ourselves for not finding this oasis sooner. Why or why did we spend so many previous visits at those nearby worn-out options.

The owners genuinely care about your comfort and their brand. Their earnest and hardworking ethic coupled with discriminating decorating taste and a talented chef and server, combine for a memorable experience.

The rooms are nicely appointed with luxury thread-count sheets, and really, really, really comfortable beds and sitting areas.

So, next time, drive right past the dozens of downtrodden economy brands hovering on the outskirts of Lexington, and park your tuckus at 502 South Main. If you have a student at any of the nearby schools, do it sooner rather than later, you won't regret it.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Circumspect
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My grand-daughter and I stayed at 502 this past week-end and cannot find words to express how much we enjoyed the entire experience. Russ and Mary Stuart have the knack for making you feel welcome and right at home. Their home is beautifully decorated and extremely comfortable. Our room was just what we needed, and all the little extras that they provide were unexpected, but very much enjoyed. The food was delicious and beautifully served. We are already planning another girl's week-end,so we can go back.
As far as we are concerned, this was a Five Star experience.
Margaret and Haley

Room Tip: We stayed in the North Room. It was equipped with a King-size bed that could be made into two twins...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I was on business and stayed here for two nights. The house is utterly charming, beautifully decorated and with every modern convenience. Mary and Rus could not have been more welcoming. Refreshment on arrival and a delicious breakfast. One of the most comfortable beds I have slept in for a long time.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business