“Excellent museum and beautiful chapel”

Lee Chapel and Museum
Ranked #2 of 28 things to do in Lexington
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Historical displays on Washington and Lee very interesting. Also we were very interested in Civil War history.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Beautiful facility and excellent displays that bring not only the Civil War but other aspects of our nation's history to life. General Lee was indeed a remarkable man.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have visited Lee's Chapel several times and I am still in taken back each time I am there. Regardless of what your views are on the Civil War Lee was a great person and a true gentleman.
A trip to Lexington would not be complete without a visit to the Chapel

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

The chapel is worth a visit and interesting. Free with easy parking. Stop here and look at the huge sculpture of Lee. His office downstairs is so cool as they essentially closed the doors when Lee had a heart attack.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband and I LOVED it, but then we are Southerners who grew up with an admiration for Robert E. Lee. Some people may not be as interested in his life as we are, but I think they would learn that he was an honorable man who deserves a respected place in our nation's history. The tour of the chapel is not long and then you can wander the library and excellent gift/book store for as long as you like. There is convenient free parking near the chapel.