“best restaurant in Lexington by far!!”
Review of Bistro on Main

Bistro on Main
Ranked #2 of 82 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Upscale Casual Dining in the Heart of Downtown Lexington, Virginia.Featuring local products with a Southern flair. Intimate, casual atmosphere. Serving Brunch, Lunch and Dinner. Also offers catering. Reservations Recommended!
Reviewed April 25, 2014

My husband and I moved to Lexington VA from VT over six years ago and our favorite place to eat has been The Bistro right from the beginning! The food is fresh and always delicious, the owner, Jackie, seems to always be there with a smile and an understated way of making sure everything runs smoothly, and the waitstaff is terrific. Darrin was our waiter tonight - he's a treasure! I'm told ALL the food is wonderful, but I love the salmon with wilted spinach and mashed sweet potatoes so much I never stray. We always bring our guests and family here and always leave full of delicious and healthy food and very happy.

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

One of our favorite places! Great food! The crab cakes are excellent. Brunch is a hit, too! Staff is very professional and service is great! Highly recommend it. Reservations are suggested.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I am sorry to say The Bistro is overrated. Four of us had lunch and none liked what we had--not good. It is cute enough--small. I only gave it the one try--once was enough.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I never look at the menu, I just always have their quiche of the day which changes daily and I have the side salad.
Plenty to eat and I am satisfied all day.
Great waitstaff...
My favorite luncheon place in Lexington,,,

Reviewed March 13, 2014

We have eaten at Bistro on Main three times over the years during our trips to Lexington. We recently had lunch there, and here are my thoughts:

PROS
Good food but could be better. The french fries were greasy. The menu is somewhat limited. The wait staff were friendly.

CONS
The owner/hostess was not friendly at all; in fact, she was rather snooty. There were people at a couple of tables that she obviously felt deserved her smiles and attention, but we were ignored. When she seated us and I asked what the soup of the day was, she curtly replied, "Your server will tell you that." Do not expect southern hospitality from this lady.

We like to do business where we feel we are welcome, so the Bistro isn't on my list for a repeat visit.

1  Thank MarshainSC