“Professionalism and Hospitality at it's Finest in Lexington!”
Review of Bistro on Main

Bistro on Main
Ranked #3 of 83 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Upscale Casual Dining in the Heart of Downtown Lexington, Virginia.Featuring local products with a Southern flair. Intimate, casual atmosphere. Serving Brunch, Lunch and Dinner. Also offers catering. Reservations Recommended!
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My 15 year old daughter and I were in Lexington for Father's Day weekend this year and decided to find a great local restaurant and skip all those franchise places. So, on a whim, we picked the Bistro on Main Street. We were not disappointed.

The host greeted us and escorted us to a nice table across from the bar where the bartender was being very friendly and smiling as he served drinks to locals and visitors alike.

We had a cheese sampler from the business across the street and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the cheeses. Heck even my picky daughter was loving it with her Shirley Temple.

She ordered a Ceasar Salad with grilled chicken and I had the grilled salmon. Both were served very timely as we chatted about our wonderful day at the Virginia Horse Center (you have to see my review about that experience). Both dishes were presented very well and the waiter was very good at asking if there was anything else we would like once served, while eating, and at the end of the meal.

We will definitely eat here again!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

The Bistro is just one of those neat little places to know you'll have a good experience. Food is excellent generally.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Atmosphere, food, service was all great here. We both got the NY strip which was wonderful. They had a honey herb vinaigrette dressing which was to die for. Plus when they found it was our anniversary they bought us out dessert free of charge. You don't find that very often. Great Restaurant.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Had a nice lunch at this restaurant. The food was pretty good but not outstanding. Our server was nice but seemed new because she was unable to answer questions about the menu. The food was timed well, never had to wait too long and never felt rushed. Attractive decor. However, when the server gave me my bill, I gave her my credit card and she returned later having run my credit card and having added 25% gratuity on to the bill, and this amount was calculated on the total with tax not before tax. I was never asked how much gratuity I wished to put on my card. When I complained she brought over someone I assume was a manager who said it was because I used an American Express card. She said their machine automatically calculates 25% but I could lower it to 20% (still based on the total after tax). She said she would give me back the difference in cash. She did not offer to reverse the transaction to allow me to pay cash or use a different credit card. She said because I used an AMEX card I had to tip at least 20%. No where on the menu or the bill did it say they did this if I used an AMEX card nor did my server tell me this when I handed her my AMEX card. So, not wanting to make a scene, I grudgingly took the cash and vowed never to set foot again in this den of theives.

2  Thank mkrasnov51
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My wife and I were staying in Lexington for a week and we ended up here for lunch, twice. I had the exact sane dish because it was so good! It was a special, Mediterranean tuna on a bed of greens. Topped with their honey herbed vinaigrette made it delicious! My wife had the pear goat cheese salad, which was also delicious. Price was very reasonable, couple with a cool vibe and you can't beat this place.