“A surprisingly fine place to watch the sunset”

Howard Johnson Inn Lexington
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed August 31, 2010

This is a Howard Johnson's on the Interstate. Its what you would expect, clean room with no frills, cable TV, friendly staff and pleasant breakfast layout. The real reason to stay here is that this motel is on a big hill with benches out front from which you can sip a beverage and enjoy a beautiful long view of the countryside (not the Interstate which is out back) and if you're lucky -- a gorgeous sunset. You'd never expect this and its a nice bonus.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Howard Johnson Inn Lexington

Reviewed August 19, 2010

Our intent was to stay just one night in mid-July, but we extended it two more days because it was a very positive experience and thought it unnecessary to go anywhere else since it is centrally accessible to Lexington and N. Rockbridge County. The staff was accommodating, the room was very clean and everything was functional, plus there was a nice view of the mtns. Housekeeping greeted us cheerfully in the morning and there was breakfast to start our day. It was a very good experience and the price was right.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2010

Although the staff we came in contact with were pleasant, this was a disgusting hotel. The hallways smelled so terrible, we had to hold our breath whenever we walked through. The smell in our room was not much better. Cleanliness of room was also poor. Free miniature golf on site was old & falling apart. Very disappointed!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Marilynn61
Reviewed July 22, 2010

I had booked a room for Friday and when I arrived they told me the computer had me for Thursday and that I had already been charged. I called Howard Johnsons customer service and they proceeded to get into a big argument with the hotel manager about who 's fault it was. Neither party was willing to budge to help resolve the issue. The manager then says the customer service agent told him it was a computer error but he was unable to do anything for us.
We got out into a king room that was old and dirty with the air conditioner not working. The place was old and dirty. We immediately checked out
Howard Johnsons has done nothing to correct the issue and have told me that it was my fault and that I will be charged for the night that I wasn't there. They have all been very rude.
There are plenty on nice hotels in Lexington so take your business elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank joez
Reviewed July 15, 2010

I travel a good bit for my job and have stayed a many hotels. This is by far the best place I have stayed. The front desk service was excellent and very friend (Ms Sarah was the first person I met and she made me feel right at home). The rooms were large and clean. Business kept me from enjoying the pool that much, but it was there if I could have use it. The breakfast was good. And the price was right. A very good deal for the price... I even recommended to my sister and dad, who were traveling down I81 the same days I was here, to stay here... they both enjoyed thier stay. The next time I am in the Lexington Va area (exit 195 off I81) I will come back...

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 6, 2010

My best friend and I rode our Harleys to Washington for Rolling Thunder 2010. It was just beginning to rain when we arrived...the manager on duty , Joel didnt hesitate to offer to let us but our "babies" under the awning out of the rain. Jessica, the clerk on duty was extremely pleasant and helpful in arranging for our room and getting us checked in, (not to mention that she was very "easy on the eyes"). When we asked about the starting time for the complimentary breakfast, we were told it normally started at 6:30...when Joel found out that was too late for our early departure, he moved it up to 6:00! Now thats service...when we return to Rolling Thunder in the future, we will DEFINATELY stay there! I for one just hope Jessica is still working there! Please feel free to contact me with any questions, erice67@tampabay.rr.com

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2010

A BIG thanks to manager and staff of HOJO for the most incredible weekend. Family from all over the east coast and mid -west converged on this hotel occupying 43 rooms. Not only were they clean and comfy, the pool, mini golf & complimentary breakfast were a welcome bonus. The conference room was used for the rehearsal dinner and to gather as family the whole weekend, thanks to the manager. He went out of his way to accommodate our needs and if a concern came up, it was immediately taken care of. The rooms were quiet with a spectacular view of the mountains of VA> Thanks for making our special family weekend so perfect.

• Stayed: May 2010