“Fantastic Experience”

Howard Johnson Inn Lexington
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed January 3, 2010

We were also stranded in the storm.

We were on our way for a cross country trip and we have never stayed at a Howard Johnson.

From the minute we "attempted" to drive up the icy snowed over driveway - the hotel staffer that was plowing towed people up the hill or gave them rides (even several times) to people's cars that couldn't get up the hill (pets included)

It was an older hotel, but clean, friendly and informed about the road conditions. They had plenty of food for the people staying there. They offered to drive people down the hill to the gas station or food places.

One family organized a movie night with free popcorn and beer (for the parents) for those stuck the two nights there.

We were lucky they had small fridges and microwaves b/c we ordered a bucket of chicken from Sarah's Pancake house and had dinner for later...including all our snacks and drinks we had traveled with.

We all had pets and you could not hear a peep from your neighbor - this place is quiet.

The beds could use an updating though, they were not the most comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Howard Johnson Inn Lexington

Reviewed December 29, 2009

Over many years we have found this motel to be clean, friendly, and very reasonably priced. We stay here every time we're on our way back from Atlanta. Perfect distance, and a good selection of national eateries and a great truck stop....Lee Hi only a mile away. Convenient to Washington and Lee University and VMI.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 20, 2009

I stayed at this hotel by chance after being stranded from the Winter Wallop blizzard in mid-Dec. 2009. The manager Joel was incredibly friendly in helping me find my way off of the highway and to the hotel. Then, over the next two days, every staff member in the hotel seemed to do their very best to make sure all the guests were as happy as possible. Despite the rough and tough circumstances, a movie night with free-popcorn was organized simply to make everyone a bit happier since we were all in the same boat. On a general note, the rooms are -very- quiet and extremely roomy. I was amazed at the minimal noise level, despite pets being allowed and the close proximity to the highway. I will most certainly stay here again if my travels ever take me through Lexington, VA again.

• Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed December 17, 2009

What a wonderful place to stay if you cant be at your own place . Hojo is home away home for us . All of the staff there ,is willing to lend a helping hand . Sissy in the breakfast bar was great . I stayed here in the past and decided to come again again because of the rate and wow what a difference in the hotel. I would recommend everyone to stop in if your ever in Lexington you feel at home.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 13, 2009

We stopped at this hotel on the way home from visiting relatives. The room size was more than adequate and the room rate quite reasonable compared to other facilities at this exit off of I-81. Sarah, at the front desk was very friendly, advised us of a good place to have dinner, and when we discovered a problem with our room, she was very accommodating and promptly relocated us to another room. The breakfast area attendant, Cici, was also helpful and friendly. We had the chance to speak with Joel, the manager, and he explained that the hotel was in the process of undertaking modifications to upgrade all of the facilities at the hotel. I would recommend staying at this facility, and plan to stop here again in the future.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2009

I stayed at hojo's in november for a horse show. I had read all the bad reviews online about this hotel:but, decided to stay there because that is where the rest of our group was staying and they had a low rate. I stayed in room 222, my room was excellent, everything was clean, the view from my balcony was to die for!!!

all The staff was pleasent, hopefull and very friendly!!!
i would recommend this hotel to any horse competitor that is staying in lexington, alittle ways from the center: however, way worth the 5 min. travel time.

my experencise at this hotel was great, it is where i will be staying when i travel to a show in lexington.

bridgett from NJ

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 17, 2009

I am a former flight attendant and have stayed in more hotel rooms than I care to remember. This hotel is one of the worst I have ever stayed in. The room had a horrible odor that was nauseating. The beds were very uncomfortable and should have been replaced years ago. The blanket on the bed looked like it hadn't been washed in months. Several unknown objects were stuck in the fibers. Needless to say the blankets were not used. The sheets did appear somewhat clean. The bathroom smelled of mold and urine. The towels were small and only 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels and 2 wash clothes were provided for a family of 4. We were attending a horse show at the Horse Center and would have to call the front desk each night after we returned late each evening for more towels. We would have left after one night but every hotel room was booked because of the horse show. Like I said, NEVER AGAIN!!!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family