“"WOW" HOME AWAY FROM HOME”

Howard Johnson Inn Lexington
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Lexington
va
“"WOW" HOME AWAY FROM HOME”
Reviewed December 17, 2009

What a wonderful place to stay if you cant be at your own place . Hojo is home away home for us . All of the staff there ,is willing to lend a helping hand . Sissy in the breakfast bar was great . I stayed here in the past and decided to come again again because of the rate and wow what a difference in the hotel. I would recommend everyone to stop in if your ever in Lexington you feel at home.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Florence, South Carolina
Reviewed December 13, 2009

We stopped at this hotel on the way home from visiting relatives. The room size was more than adequate and the room rate quite reasonable compared to other facilities at this exit off of I-81. Sarah, at the front desk was very friendly, advised us of a good place to have dinner, and when we discovered a problem with our room, she was very accommodating and promptly relocated us to another room. The breakfast area attendant, Cici, was also helpful and friendly. We had the chance to speak with Joel, the manager, and he explained that the hotel was in the process of undertaking modifications to upgrade all of the facilities at the hotel. I would recommend staying at this facility, and plan to stop here again in the future.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
bridgett258
Reviewed December 11, 2009

I stayed at hojo's in november for a horse show. I had read all the bad reviews online about this hotel:but, decided to stay there because that is where the rest of our group was staying and they had a low rate. I stayed in room 222, my room was excellent, everything was clean, the view from my balcony was to die for!!!

all The staff was pleasent, hopefull and very friendly!!!
i would recommend this hotel to any horse competitor that is staying in lexington, alittle ways from the center: however, way worth the 5 min. travel time.

my experencise at this hotel was great, it is where i will be staying when i travel to a show in lexington.

bridgett from NJ

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Northern VA
Reviewed November 17, 2009

I am a former flight attendant and have stayed in more hotel rooms than I care to remember. This hotel is one of the worst I have ever stayed in. The room had a horrible odor that was nauseating. The beds were very uncomfortable and should have been replaced years ago. The blanket on the bed looked like it hadn't been washed in months. Several unknown objects were stuck in the fibers. Needless to say the blankets were not used. The sheets did appear somewhat clean. The bathroom smelled of mold and urine. The towels were small and only 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels and 2 wash clothes were provided for a family of 4. We were attending a horse show at the Horse Center and would have to call the front desk each night after we returned late each evening for more towels. We would have left after one night but every hotel room was booked because of the horse show. Like I said, NEVER AGAIN!!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Lexington hotels

Mass
Reviewed October 29, 2009

I am not really tolerant of people who pick apart every little thing at a hotel. I never thought I'd be the type to write a HORRIBLE review, but I am.

This place is FILTHY, just as another reviewer said. We were driving really late at night, and just had to stop. We got a room, and when we walked into the room and had a look around, we walked right out and told the front desk forget it.

There were hairs ALL OVER the bed. They were all different kinds of hairs.
The carpet was dirty, and the place is filthy. It makes me sick just writing about it.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed September 7, 2009

I stay at hojo Lexington once or twice a year on business. I like this place because of the view from the balcony and the rooms seem very well insulated from outside noise.
The lobby has been updated recently but the rooms have not. They advertise 70+ TV channels but only provide 25 or so. I was charged $8.00 more for my room than what I was quoted when I booked the room at hojo.com. The fact that they have balconies here outweigh the other issues for me, lots of motels dont even have windows that open let alone a balcony. If you are a clean-freak you may not want to stay here, it's not filthy just not super clean. I was in room 520 which is a smoking room, maybe the non-smoking rooms are cleaner.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
united states
Reviewed September 4, 2009

If you ever pass through Lexington Va I would highly recommend this hotel. The view by far, is the nicest we have encountered. The staff were excellent, friendly and very very helpful. Our room was very spacious and clean, and the continental breakfast was really good. Our grandson had a ball playing in their outdoor pool. We will be back.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington
Quality Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#5 of 16 in Lexington
Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center
Natural Bridge Historic Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Lexington? Share your experiences!