“Over nighter” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Inn Lexington

Howard Johnson Inn Lexington
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Lexington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Albany, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Everything you read in the other reviews is generally true. The rooms are a bit tired, but clean. The staff at the front desk were all attentive. There was a bit of a funky smell in the hallways when we visited, but not in the room. But, when you consider the free breakfast, the $60 price is a bargain. If you're looking for a place to sleep at a good price, this is the place. Just don't expect luxury.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
American Fork, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I made reservations for 3 nights at this hotel based on traveler's previous reviews on Trip advisor. I do not consider myself to be a picky traveler but this hotel was one I would not stay in again. The room had wallpaper falling off the walls, the elevator floor was dirty and had food spilled all over it for 3 days (never was cleaned at all). I wore socks in the room as I didn't want to walk on the carpet and if I had not already prepaid, I would have left as there were many other choices in the town. I asked the front desk about historic sites and the teenage girl handed me a city map and said, "Sorry, I don't do history". Do not recommend this to anyone. The breakfast was okay but not much more than a continental.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Debra F

Travelers are raving about these Lexington hotels

Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

WORST HOTEL EVER! Made a reservation for a NON SMOKING room and was told when I checked in that they were "unable to accommodate" my non smoking room stay and placed me in a smoking room. I am SEVERELY allergic to smoke so I advised the staff that I could not stay in a room that was smoking. She stated, "I am sorry, we cannot accommodate your reservation." So I HAD to leave. I was charged for the stay when I NEVER STAYED THERE BECAUSE THEY COULD NOT ACCOMMODATE MY RESERVATION! WHAT WAS THE POINT IN MAKING A RESERVATION IF THEY DON'T OBEY IT?! DO. NOT. EVER. STAY. HERE!

Room Tip: Go across the street to the Hampton Inn!