“I had a good stay, counter clerk was very polite and helped...”

Howard Johnson Inn Lexington
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Lexington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Albany, NY
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Everything you read in the other reviews is generally true. The rooms are a bit tired, but clean. The staff at the front desk were all attentive. There was a bit of a funky smell in the hallways when we visited, but not in the room. But, when you consider the free breakfast, the $60 price is a bargain. If you're looking for a place to sleep at a good price, this is the place. Just don't expect luxury.

American Fork, Utah
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I made reservations for 3 nights at this hotel based on traveler's previous reviews on Trip advisor. I do not consider myself to be a picky traveler but this hotel was one I would not stay in again. The room had wallpaper falling off the walls, the elevator floor was dirty and had food spilled all over it for 3 days (never was cleaned at all). I wore socks in the room as I didn't want to walk on the carpet and if I had not already prepaid, I would have left as there were many other choices in the town. I asked the front desk about historic sites and the teenage girl handed me a city map and said, "Sorry, I don't do history". Do not recommend this to anyone. The breakfast was okay but not much more than a continental.

1 Thank Debra F

Travelers are raving about these Lexington hotels

Chicago
Reviewed November 14, 2013

WORST HOTEL EVER! Made a reservation for a NON SMOKING room and was told when I checked in that they were "unable to accommodate" my non smoking room stay and placed me in a smoking room. I am SEVERELY allergic to smoke so I advised the staff that I could not stay in a room that was smoking. She stated, "I am sorry, we cannot accommodate your reservation." So I HAD to leave. I was charged for the stay when I NEVER STAYED THERE BECAUSE THEY COULD NOT ACCOMMODATE MY RESERVATION! WHAT WAS THE POINT IN MAKING A RESERVATION IF THEY DON'T OBEY IT?! DO. NOT. EVER. STAY. HERE!

Room Tip: Go across the street to the Hampton Inn!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank VinTraveler2013
USA
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The old lady in the kitchen who oversees the breakfast is friendly and warm. It feels as if you are in someone's home and she is taking care of you. That experience more than the quality of food is memorable. Coffee was a disaster. So diluted! This hotel is located right next to two other motels (quality inn and days inn). So if you want to just crash for the night and want the cheapest room, price should be your criteria. But if you arrive early and want to enjoy the view from up the hill in the evening or morning, then this hotel should be worth your time. Every room has a microwave and fridge.