“Great Bargain!!!!”

Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Lexington
Finksburg, MD
“Great Bargain!!!!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

The hotel sat atop a hill with a beautiful view! The front desk person was warm and friendly and the room was clean and comfortable!!! The best part was the incuded breakfast which had hot and cold items...a great deal for the low rate! I would definately stay here again!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here awaiting our trip to the Virginia safari park the next morning. Little did we know that we were about to be hit by a major wind/rain storm called 'micro bursts'?!?!? I had just walked out to go to the gas station down the hill and bam...a tree feel right behind me and trash cans and trees were blowing everywhere. Well, we did not even lose room power even though some did. There was down trees and broken glass at the front lobby, but the staff were right there reassuring everyone and making sure things and people were ok. The next day a power line was down behind the pool and closed it to our daughter's dismay, but, when we asked to really use it; they went above and beyond to check the safety of the area and insure the pool was clean so we could swim. I can't over-emphasize how nice and courteous the staff was. I'm not saying this is a 5 star resort; I'm saying we stayed in the best place possible for our trip and would come here every time. Thanks Ho Jos/Lexington, VA!!!

Room Tip: A top floor near the elevator.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
VA Beach
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The hotel was ....decent. The room was pretty clean. The luggage rack in the room was broken, the alarm clock, lamp, tv, and coffee maker were all unplugged. Toilet paper roll was 99 percent used and bathtub mat was black underneat. Little balcony off room was about 1 foot wide by 5 foot long. Barely wide enough to stand on. The sheets and blankets were scratchy but the bed itself was somewhat comfortable. Had to ride the elevator downstairs just to get ice.

WIFI was down the entire weekend. The breakfast was really nothing to speak of. By 830 they were out of pastries, english muffins, and only had toast left. There was nothing to drink other than coffee, oj, or apple juce. I really wanted a glass of ice water, but there was no "wait staff". It is come and get it fare. The eggs were frozen egg patties that were thawed in the microwave, the biscuits for biscuits and gravy were cold (right from the fridge). Next time I will skip the breakfast and go get something elsewhere. We had a room in the back, no view of anything but the parking lot. We were awakened several times in the night by Harley Davidson revving engines. If this room were $50 I would think about staying there again but for $100+ no way!!

Room Tip: Choose a room elsewhere, or atleast get a mountain view room!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 9, 2012

On my way to Pennsylvania to pick up my grandaughter for summer vacation here in Tennessee, I started searching for a good place that would be a good stopping point at least or near halfway, so i chose Lexington, Va. because it was close to Natural Bridge, a place I wanted to visit on the road trip. My fellow travelers on this forum gave it pretty decent reviews, so I checked it out online and got a price of around 70 bucks, so I then called the motel directly and got a price of around 60 bucks, so I booked it. The motel is right off the interstate. It sits up on a hill and the views are amazing! Check in was a breeze. The lady at the front desk was super nice. This motel has 4 or 5 floors, all with balconies overlooking the mountains. I chose a ground floor room close to the pool. It was easier just to take our stuff in thru the sliding glass door. The main door opened into a corridor with easy access to the lobby and pool. Our room was spotless and cool. Beds were comfy. Just perfect. The pool area was very nice also. My son and I sat out there and just relaxed while the kids played in the pool. Once again, amazing views from here as well. They even had a mini golf area beside the pool and the kids loved that. It needed updating, but still fun. The next morning before anyone else woke up, I made some coffee and went and sat on this bench out front on the hill and enjoyed my coffee looking at those beautiful mountains and thanking God for their beauty. Free breakfast was another perk. They had waffles, eggs, fruit, bagels, muffins, juice and cereal. They advertise that they have gravy and biscuits, but the clerk told me that was only on the weekends. Bummer. It was Monday:) Easy check out. This will be my stopping point from now on. Loved it.

• Stayed June 2012
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We arrived at this advertised "pet friendly" hotel to find a big sign that our dogs could not be left " unattended" or even crated in the room. This is not even mentioned on their website. What is mentioned is how pet friendly this place supposedly is and to enjoy the many activities close to the hotel: natural bridge, Virginia horse center...how can we enjoy all these things if the dogs can't stay in the room? We drove home 4 hours very disappointed. Update your website!!!!!! We ended up driving home immediately...

Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Wagneramye

Travelers are raving about these Lexington hotels

Wabash, Indiana
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We found the room clean, easy to get to from the interstate, and close to some shopping and eating. The breakfast was decent and filling. The desk staff and workers were extremely friendly. The pool was nice. The hotel for the price was a bargain. Would stay again if we were coming this way.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side have a beautiful view of the mountains
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Great bed, scratchy towels, who cares the bed was worth it.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Elaine S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington
Quality Inn & Suites
#5 of 16 in Lexington
Best Western Plus Inn at Hunt Ridge
Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center
Natural Bridge Historic Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Lexington? Share your experiences!