“Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center”

Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed August 8, 2013

checked in on 07/21/2013 Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center
VA428 LEXINGTON, VA

Stayed at this hotel for one night reservations were correct, place was clean, quite and near places good places to eat. Everyone on staff was very pleasant ! An excellent experience. The breakfast was good too lots of fresh hot coffee. Price was good too I used my club through choice hotels to get a discount.

Room Tip: the photos on web sight are accurate
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank dallas s
gmva428, Manager at Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2014

First I would like to say Thank you for being a choice privileges member. We appreciate you and will do all we can to upgrade you, if possible when you stay with us. I am glad you opinion of our property was good. These are the things we work toward so you made our day a little brighter with your good scores for us. I hope we made your day the same. come back to see us again soon. I hope the rest of your travels wer as good as here. Nellie Benson GM

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Very comfortable room. Bed was good - wish they had more rooms with larger beds. We had two double beds in the room but would have been better with queen beds that were not available. Room was quiet. Breakfast was good. I like making the waffles at these places. The staff did try to accommodate us with location which was great - making it much easier to get in and get out.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to an entrance or close to the elevator. Makes it so much easier.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DMcR1
DominionLodgingSales, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

We appreciate your review of Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center. We are pleased to hear that your room was comfortable and the bed was good. I am sorry we were unable to accommodate your wishes for a larger bed but I am glad the staff was able to get you a location that worked well for you. We hope to see you again if you are passing through again.
Stacey DeHaven
Director of Sales

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Good location to travelers on I64 & I81. Clean rooms, nice breakfast, little indoor pool good for kids who have been riding in a car all day. Good place to stay. Good value. AAA rates apply. I like how they do express check out so you can get back on the road quickly, too!

2  Thank teaaek
gmva428, General Manager at Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you for your very good comments on our hotel. I am glad you were pleased with our breakfast as well. I wish I could tell you we would be upgrading to queen beds but I can't. Please come back to visit with us again and be sure to tell the desk clerk who you are and I look forward to meeting you and thanking you in person. Nellie Benson GM

Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

This was a clean hotel with a good price. The front desk was friendly. They have a hot breakfast which means you get scrambled eggs, sausage and a waffle maker. The breakfast area is small and gets crowded quick, but that's minor compared to value and cleanliness. Rooms are up to date, and we did not have any pet smell in our room even though they allow pets, and we saw a few. It is close off the interstate as well which is. Important to us when we travel. We would stay again if needed, and I am picky on my hotels being clean.

2  Thank acebaby
gmva428, General Manager at Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2015

Thank you for responding to our review. It seems you had a good experience with us and our property. Thank you for the high ratings you gave us. We hope you will come back and spend the night with us again soon. Have a great day and be safe. Nellie Benson Gm.

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in Lexington for the night. We didn't need anything luxurious but clean is a must. This room was spacious and very clean. It was perfect for what we needed! Yes, the breakfast room is small but it's FREE! And there's a ton of choices that were constantly being refilled. Great job Comfort Inn! We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for taking time to review Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. Our newly renovated rooms are clean and spacious. We are glad you also enjoyed our complimentary breakfast as well. We look forward to seeing you again!
Stacey DeHaven
Director of Sales

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Very clean. Courteous staff. Allows dogs - kids loved seeing all the dogs. Centrally located to Natural Bridge and Virginia Safari park. Great pool and continental breakfast. Walked to Subway and brought back food and ate outside.

Room Tip: We got a room with double beds. Plenty of room with a desk and chair and a comfortable chair.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lmfields
gmva428, Manager at Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

Thank you very much for your response to our survey of the stay you had with us at Comfort Inn. I am glad you found everything to your satisfication. That is what we work for. Please come back to see us again. The number to call is 540-463-7311. Nellie Benson GM

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

When checking in there were two desk agents; one was somewhat friendly, the other not so much. Got my two rooms and they were decent, clean enough; although corridors show quite a bit of wear. Rooms had two full size beds which had decent mattresses; but it is obvious that the box springs weren't replaced with mattresses, and beds sank quite a bit because of this. Room furniture was very nice; but decor was outdated. Overall decent stay; but some attention is needed in corridors. Found an air conditioning unit boxed up and sitting by the ice machine in the corridor and that looked tacky.

1  Thank Ebensdad

Thank You very much for taking time to offer us your view of our hotel. WE try to make each stay a good one for our guest. I am sorry you had to see an ac in hallway while we were waiting to have it picked up for repair. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to lexington. Please have desk clerk let me know you are here so I can meet and thank you personally. Nellie Benson GM