New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Motel 6 Lexington

Motel 6 Lexington
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Lexington
Lexington, Virginia
“Excellent staff, clean, inexpensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

I would certainly recommend this motel to anyone. Thw rates are reasonable (rare these days), the beds are comfy, rooms are clean, and the owner/manager is very nice and accommodating. In regard to lodging in lexington, you will pay significantly more money for rooms that are really no better but that include a breakfast. A good choice!

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

In giving this 5 stars I am rating this in comparison to other motels on interstates, not comparing it to luxury hotels with a view or eco-lodges. I was looking for a place to stop late in the evening on the interstate and was a little put off by the reviews. Everything in the room was new and spotless. There were even granite countertops in the bathroom- who expects that in a Motel 6?
I have seen much, much worse in mid-range chains.
Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. I had a room under a staircase and was afraid I would be awakened by early morning foot traffic but the place seemed to be well-built. Price was $90 with tax, more than the usual but the town was completely booked up for a horse event.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Alexandria, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Place is OK if all you need is a place to crash for the night and bring your own shampoo. It's clean, but bare bones. No coffee maker in the room, but you can get some at the front desk, no breakfast set up, skimpy towels. AndI also noticed no clock

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JJ S

Travelers are raving about these Lexington hotels

lower gwynedd, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The bed was so poor that literally if you went too close to the edge you rolled off. Our beds did not have mattress pads. Seeing rooms during check out during a big weekend I noticed half had mattress pads and half had some sort of thin cover laid on top - was gross! Bed sheets came off bed. Would wake up in the middle of night and have a totally exposed mattress I was sleeping on - GROSS! The blankets were cheap, ratty and very old! Mine had a hole in it in the center! And the 70's called - they want their bedspreads back! Overall impression is old and gross. Curtain was hanging off hooks and light bulb was out. Had to book a smoking room that smelled AWFUL!!!! Even though there were no ashtrays around and the placard outside said it was no smoking it smelled awful, the smell actually transferred to us and our clothes. There was clearly no attempt to freshen the room with any deodorizer. The outside stairwell was awful. Some steps had rubber caps on them some had breaking concrete and no caps. And WHY during registration did they require swiping my driver's license number???? I NEVER have been required to give it. I protect my driver's license number as a identity theft protection measure. She would not let me check in unless I provided it. Unfortunately I couldn't go anywhere else. The town was full for W&L parents' weekend and I made the reservation in May and it was the only thing I could get. The only thing good I can say about the place is that the bathroom and floors looked clean, but that's it!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else if you can!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel room in February for parents weekend at the local university. All the other hotels were already full, so I figured how bad could it be. We held out lots if hope when we checked in. The lobby was nice and clean. Everything looked fairly new. The room however was a different story. It smelled as if they were trying to cover up something in the room. We went to the local Walmart to buy Febreeze and a candle to make it bearable. The carpet was dirty. And there was a spider web above the door(inside the room), with an insect caught in it. The were cut wires sticking out of the wall in that same corner. The desk chair was filthy and stained. The sitting chair was faded and worn. The bedspread appeared to be from the 70's, and there was no way I would have even sat on it. Daily cleaning of the bathroom was adequate. Remarkable the bed was comfortable and the shower was great. We stayed three nights and each day when we returned to the room in the afternoon, we had to go to the lobby to have our keys reset as the did not work. The first time I went to the lobby and there was no one there to help. There was a small sign directing me to the courtesy phone to get some one to help. I picked up the phone and it rang for several minutes and went to some kind if voicemail. I did this twice until I got frustrated and went out looking for someone to help. The second day, the girl apologized and told me I wasn't the only one it was happening to. I was extremely disappointed, especially for the price I paid. The rates were jacked up because all the other hotels were full. I have a reservation for graduation, which I will be canceling in the morning.

Stayed October 2013
Radford
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I made a reservation at a satisfactory price, but when I checked in, the desk clerk charged extra for my children staying in the room with me. I said I understood, but at the higher price I would cancel my reservation and stay somewhere else. She got very snippy and said cancellation required 24 hour notice there and at every other hotel in the United States, and that she would charge me for the room, at the higher rate with extra people in the room, even if I did not stay there. She began waving her hands around in the air and saying she would explain to me how things were in the hotel industry. It was puzzling and annoying. I had to go to the car and get my laptop, and call up the terms of the reservation, which clearly said I could cancel until 6 PM on the day of check-in. She looked a little guilty at that point and cancelled my reservation. I had to call my credit card company to be sure I was not charged, because she seemed personally insulted that I was cancelling. The hotel itself looked all right on the outside although there were a lot of workmen in the parking lot. But by the time Penny finished with me I was happy to stay at a more expensive hotel with friendly and sentient desk clerks.

Room Tip: Check with hotel manager in advance about the age they consider 'adult' before making your r...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stayed here because it had the best reviews of the Motel 6's within a short distance of the south end of Skyline Drive. Traveling with two small dogs, my options are very limited. Motel 6 as a chain accepts pets so it's them or Drury Inn & Suites, but they have very limited locations.

The room was clean, the beds were comfortable. The non smoking room had been smoked in, but the smell was not overwhelming, just evident. They charged me an extra $10.00 because I had 2 dogs, but I can live with that. Just never had any other Motel 6 add that extra fee.

I would stay here again if I should find myself back in the area with my dogs.

• Stayed September 2013