“The Best Motel 6 We Have EVER SEEN!”
Review of Motel 6 Lexington

Motel 6 Lexington
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I can't say enough about how wonderful this lodging is. It is worth easily double what was charged and sails far and away above ANY Motel 6 we have ever stayed in (and this is a long list). Extremely clean, well appointed, well located. The staff and management could not have been nicer. The grounds are impeccably maintained. The owner should give classes to other Motel 6 owners and set the bar for them to strive for.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank John K
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Lexington

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I think Motel 6 is under new management recently, which is what probably accounts for the wide range of reviews. Very friendly check in (the manager even came out with me to show us a good spot to park with our trailer). Our room was huge and clean, and there was tons of space by the sink to put your stuff. Lots of outlets which is good since I always seem to have 5 things that need charging and can only find 2 open plugs. Wifi was fast and free unlike most Motel 6s I've stayed at. The bed was very comfortable... And the room came with fridge & micro, too. Much nicer than your average Motel 6, will definitely stay here again when we're in Lexington. :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Deee1111
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Motel 6 in Lexington Virginia was very reasonable. It was a good value overall. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel is centrally located with quick access to downtown Lexington, the restaurants, highways and stores. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed 2 nights for a VMI football weekend. Great ice machine to full the coolers. Person at the front desk was very nice and helpful. Our room was fine. Beds were comfortable and the bathroom was fine. For this weekend this is all we needed. I think you get what you pay for at The Mo 6. If you need a better hotel you have many to go to in this area. Just be ready to pay a lot more. Will stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank TimP77
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Driving from IN to Virginian Beach, we just needed a place to flop for the night after tiring drive. Did not require luxury or a lot of amenities and this place suited us fine. Had small refrig and microwave in room which we didn't need. Did not have the usual shampoo, lotion, etc. which we could have used. Comfortable double beds, everything clean and working. Coffee in lobby in the morning. Owner (I assume) who checked us in was friendly, courteous and informative.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lscott
Reviewed August 31, 2012

check in without incident, they are indeed dog friendly (no extra charge for our dog.. a nice relief)
room appeared clean, bed was comfortable.
Bathroom combined with "kitchen" facilities (sink, fridge, microwave) -- I don't like an audience nuking popcorn when I use the toilet, but that's just me. Wife has issues with stairs, so when I asked for a first floor room, they accommodated us no problem.
counter staff was friendly to me, no complaints!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank jmelair
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Due to being caught in two major traffic jams (one for a half mile roadwork and the other for a bad accident), a friend and I were forced to stay here. We did not have reservations as this was not our intended destination.

The price for one night was a little high, close to $70. Shampoo and other amenities found in most other hotel rooms were not there (missing or just not provided? I don't know). Beds were okay, but not the best.

Because of the situation, this was the cheapest place we could find as other travelers were in the same predicament. The Hampton Inn down the road wanted close to $200 for one night.

The desk clerk was semi-friendly, especially for 1 A.M. Fairly easy access to the highway. A few restaurants within a short driving distance. I wouldn't stay here again unless I had to.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends