“Always Satisfied”

Super 8 Lexington VA
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed September 25, 2011

This hotel is always in very good condition. The staff their is always anxious to satisfy your needs and very helpful when it comes to knowing the surrounding area as far as sight seeing and restaurants. All staff is helpful, but if you get the chance to meet Fran that is the night time desk clerk, you will thoroughly enjoy your stay. My rooms are always very clean and suitable for the prices.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed June 5, 2011

on a family of 19 trip to the outer banks, knowing we would arrive at aprox. 11 pm we made arrangements for 5 rooms and quarenteed with a credit card. when we arrived verry tired and looking forward to rest. we were told there were no rooms and we had not cancled before 6pm ????????
no, we had not cancled because we were there for the 5 rooms we had reserved and paid for with the credit card. we were told the smell was due to remodeling and wold not be healthy for the 9 children and the showers could not be used due to refinishing. the desk was not concerned of (our ) problem , but finally did call a near Best Western. Thank god, the
diference was unbelivable, I would highly recomend the Best Western, as
to the super 8, I believe you would be wise to sleep in your car.

m

Room Tip: stay away at all cost
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank dogbig
Reviewed January 11, 2010

We stayed in this motel for 2 nights when we found ourselves in the middle of snow storm in I-81.
When we arrived there and we went to our room we felt that we are in Ritz-Carlton :)
The hotel was full with other passengers like us.
I like the location. There is one 24 hrs Waffle house in front of the hotel and Wal-mart is 5 minutes walking. (We couldn't move our car, so we walked there)
We didn't have any problem with air condition and hot water. Every thing worked fine and the room was clean.
I just didn't like the breakfast and breakfast area. There is no place to sit and eat !!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2009

I have stayed at other Super 8 hotels where the rooms were larger and better appointed. However, everything was very clean and the young man who checked us in was very helpful and accomodating. It is close to Wal-Mart and several good restaurants. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2008

This is a horrible, horrible motel. On top of everything else my room was on the 3rd floor and there's no elevator. My room was foul and disgusting. The smell was appalling. The toilet and the seat had not been cleaned at all. I can understand that the maid doesn't want to carry cleaning supplies up 3 flights of stairs to do the job properly but geez... The breakfast area should really just be called a coffee area. I would not recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2006

Any hotel owner should be absolutely mortified to run a business so shabbily. Nothing worked. Not the heater, not the shower, not the bath tub drain. The curtains did not cover the extremely bright lights coming from the parking lot. There were no outlets to plug anything into and the remote control was held together by tape. One bed had box springs with brown stains running down the sides. We were allegedly in a non-smoking room. We checked out asap the next morning and luckily found a wonderful hotel. Everything that had been in our room at the Super 8 reeked of smoke.
I cannot imagine how this hotel could pass ANY grading system that would allow it to remain in business but as a friend pointed out, maybe only drunk college students stay there for football games. I have never been THAT drunk!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with friends
3  Thank lrslippers
Reviewed September 3, 2006

I booked this motel based on what my husband remembered when he was at VMI. This was terrible. The only thing going for it was the helpful staff. There was no water pressure. We were on lthe third floor in a non smoking room however it still smelled like smoke even in the hall. the clothes rack was coming off the wall, which we found out once we went to hang up our nice clothes and the almost fell on the floor. The supper breakfast was english muffins or a bagel, that is not what I call supper.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
14  Thank kfcovey