“Very Clean, Beautiful View, and Helpful Staff”

Kingston Inn & Suites
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Lexington
Northern VA
“Very Clean, Beautiful View, and Helpful Staff”
Reviewed August 12, 2009

The view is lovely to wake up to and the room has everything you need. I have had wonderful interaction with the staff and the rooms are clean. It's an easy walk to downtown and the school campuses. It isn't fancy, but that's not why I come to Lexington.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Prosperity
Reviewed August 5, 2009

My husband and I and our two dogs stay at this motel every Oct while driving South for the winter. The accomodations are good for us. I like the large dog friendly area. You cannot find that in a lot of places, especially so close to main highways. We stay 2 nights heading south and 2 coming back home and of the 4 we stay in, we like this one the best. Reasonable priced but most importantly, clean.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed August 4, 2009

Again, I am completely perplexed at the positive reviews by people. The first thing I noticed about this motel was the exterior is definitely in need of work. The paint is peeling and there are actually desk chairs (upholstered and ratty) sitting outside of each room, apparently for guests to enjoy the mountain view. There is a restaurant on the hotel property that looks like it is ready to be condemed (empty) that advertised Asian food. Not a welcoming sight. I had requested a room with a view and we were given one. That is the one and only positive thing I can say about our experience. Upon entering the room I first noticed a very unusual odor...mildew plus something undistinguisable. The layout of the room was very odd. You entered and there was an area with 2 straighback chairs facing a television (odd and uncomfortable) and opposite this is the bathroom. In a separate area were the two beds, each pushed flush against opposite walls with a nightstand and maybe 18 inches between. The beds were saggy and low to the ground. I saw the box spring and it looked about 40 years old (probably hadn't been changed out since the motel was built). Very small room and very uncomfortable. I can look past outdated and worn, but I cannot begin to look past filth. This room looked as though it had not been cleaned in quite some time. There were bugs along the baseboard and mold was growing in the shower. The ceiling was even dirty. My husband agreed we couldn't stay there, so he went to the front desk to request a refund. He was told it wouldn't happen because we arrived after 4:00. We were given another room and it was honestly worse. We ended up filing a complaint with Days Inn coporate and went with another hotel. The management is unbending and mistakenly believes this motel is in good condition. He actually pulled up the positive reviews on this website to show my husband, as if that would correct all the problems. Like I said, how someone could possibly see this place in a positive light is beyond me. This was probably the worst motel I have ever seen. Avoid at all cost.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank SAHGA
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 26, 2009

We stayed in the Days Inn at Lexington, VA for 1 night. It is a little bit out of the city center, which has its pros and cons. The main pro though is that it is up a little higher and has a really cool view of the mountains right outside your front door. The front desk staff was extremely nice and helpful during our stay.

It is a budget hotel, so the rooms aren't excellent, but I think they are great for what you pay for them. I sometimes heard pipes shaking in the middle of the night when someone would use hot water, but I think it's a great value.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
usa
Reviewed July 20, 2009

we stayed two times returning the 2nd time as we traveled home. It is a very clean and well managed motel. A little off the beaten track, about 3 miles from route 81, but well worth the money and we were very pleased with our hosts.

Jack and Janet Cronwell

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed June 14, 2009

We've been to this motel several times. It is very convenient to W&L campus - only a few minutes from door to door - and no traffic issues.Rooms are always clean, well-maintained and the front office folks are always most pleasant. No frills other than cable-tv and complimentary continental breakfast, but well-worth the cost. Super quiet at night - like staying in the country.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
NY
Reviewed June 10, 2009

I stayed here during my cross country bike trip, one of many I stayed in during the trip, and found this motel to be top notch. It is a quiet location, no traffic noise and such, and owner is nice and takes time to ensure you have what you need, nice breakfast in the morning with fresh fruit, cereals and plenty of pastries. I chose it because it had the most reasonable rates in Lexington. A fine motel.
Thomas