“Decent Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kingston Inn & Suites

Kingston Inn & Suites
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Lexington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Franklin, TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Booked room on days inn app and called to confirm reservation at the local hotel. Asked the man if he could extend the guarantee and he asked for credit card info. I told him we were still several hours out and not sure if we would stay there and that I did not want to do that yet. He agreed and asked if I had a confirmation. I explained that I had an email on my phone. He asked about the rate in the email, and I told him what it said. I then asked about AAA, but he said he would honor whatever was on the email confirmation. He never told me what the AAA rate was. He also asked how many people, and I explained there were for of us, including my two young boys.

About three hours later, we drove quite a bit of the highway to get to this place. When we arrived around 1030p, I went in to check in. The place didn't look that great nor did it look like much opportunity for the continental breakfast included. A man had come from around back to let me in, and I'm pretty sure this was the same man I had talked to on the phone. He pulled up the reservation and asked about my confirmation. He then asked about how many people were staying. I reminded him I had already told him four. He then proceeded to tell me it would be another ten dollars for the second person. I reminded him of my confirmation and that he said he would honor the confirmation, even after already knowing there were four of us from the phone call. He refused to honor it, even when I told him I would go somewhere else instead. I was furious that he would lie to me and completely try to exploit a young family, especially when it was already late and we were quite a bit off the highway.

We went to a nearby Howard Johnson's and had a much better experience for only a few dollars more...this location was only half a mile off the highway!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jeffowentn
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Always stay at this motel when in Lexington. Not fancy, but neat and clean. Rooms on the back face woods which are teeming with wildlife. Saw turkeys, foxes, deer. Nice location south of town, near W&L University

Room Tip: This motels welcomes pets for a $10 upcharge
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Holmes, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Clean, quiet, friendly.... not luxurious, but considering it was the only place available for miles around, it was good and a good value, also considering that it was parent's week end and a football game

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
      Location
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington
Hampton Inn Lexington - Historic District
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#11 of 16 in Lexington
3.0 of 5 stars 122 reviews

Been to Kingston Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Kingston Inn & Suites

Property: Kingston Inn & Suites
Address: 325 W Midland Trl, I-81 Exit 188 B, Lexington, VA 24450-4004 (Formerly Days Inn Lexington)
Location: United States > Virginia > Lexington
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Lexington
Hotel Class:2 star — Kingston Inn & Suites 2*
Kingston Inn & Suites 325 West Midland Trail Lexington VA 24450. Situated in Lexington, this hotel is within 2 mi of Washington and Lee University, Lee Chapel and Museum, and Stonewall Jackson House. Stonewall Jackson Memorial Cemetery and George C. Marshall Museum are also within 2 mi (3 km). No matter what your reason for staying at The Kingston Inn your comfort - Its our very special. The Kingston Inn & Suites(R) hotel is located in the heart of Lexington, less than a mile away from the Virginia Horse Center. You'll find plenty of other attractions and activities in the area, some of which include: Washington and Lee University Virginia Military Institute George C. Marshall Museum The Lime Kiln Theater is also nearby, and Lexington hotels provide easy access to a healthy number of restaurants throughout the region. When you're ready to settle in for the night, our spacious guest rooms feature TVs, hair dryers, coffee makers, desks, refrigerators, microwaves, irons and ironing boards. Long-distance travelers will appreciate our guest laundry services. Dream better here at the Kingston Inn & Suites. This Lexington, VA hotel offers cozy guest rooms with all the amenities you expect. Book today! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Kingston Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Lexington Hotel Lexington