“Best Thai Place in Leesburg, VA”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Thai Pan

Thai Pan
Ranked #40 of 212 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Attached to Liberty Gas Station.
Waterford, VA
“Best Thai Place in Leesburg, VA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

If you can get past the fact that the restaurant is attached to a gas station you are going to love the food. Not exactly what you expect for sure. Once inside it looks like a fairly standard, nothing fancy. The food, however, is excellent. They do a good take-out business and they have a surprising number of seats.

If you enjoy Thai you will love the food. Give it a try. You won't be sorry.

• Visited October 2012

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Thai in a Gas station - - you bet ya!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

First off, before you order, make sure to go to their website. They have coupons that saved me 15% of my order. They are always there, you just have to order through the website....

Now to the food, we really like Thai. I've had great, good, so-so, and god aweful bad. This place falls into the solid good category....which in real terms means I am VERY happy with it. The only place I've had better Thai was in Hawaii, and it cost twice as much as this place. The curries are delicious....I could drink the green curry. The drunken noodles are a must try (but spicy which I like). Honestly, I have not had anything there that I would not have again....Stay away from the pad tai...not because it's not good, but everything else is just so good, that it's a waste to eat pad thai in my opinion.

If you like Thai - - give it a try.

Visited August 2012
Cairns
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

I went as part of a 5 person party and it was a little difficult to find since we didnt know it was in the gas station (on the side really). We were a little skeptical at this realization but the food was fantastic! Everyone liked every item that they ordered; eggplant basil, seafood combo, pad thai, beef salad, green curry and the drunken noodles. The dishes were made with very fresh veggies and herbs. I also got the taro custard and another of the party ordered the fried bananas and both were delicious. Highly recommended.

• Visited August 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great food, simple nice restaurant, genuinely nice staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

We enjoyed a great meal. Started with the garden fresh rolls (great Thai basil taste) and the satay chicken - very nice and tasty, reminiscent of satay on trips to Singapore.

The entrees were great. A rich, sweet and slightly spicy Pad Thai noodles for me and a very hot (he asked) beef green Thai curry for my husband. No room for the Swwet Sticky Rice - I will be back to try that.

The experience was only marred by a (drunken?) woman screaming at the delightful staff, and who believed her rights counted above everybody else. Glad she will not be coming back!

“Don't understand the good reviews...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

I ordered takeout from this restaurant once. I had chicken drunken noodles. I have had this dish at at least 5 different Thai restaurants and this one was by far the worst. I can't imagine what the salt content was...had to be sky high!. Flavor was very strange; not at all in line with this dish elsewhere. Very oily; I at about 1/4 of the dish and threw the rest away. Haven't been back.

• Visited July 2011