New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Convenient location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

I stayed here for one night in the Kingsize Bedroom during a business trip. My room was located on the first floor, in room 121. It was located very conveniently on Market St (one of the main streets in Leesburg) and about 1 mile drive from the historic downtown area. Bedroom has a microwave and mini fridge. They also provide complimentary hot breakfast, which insists of small hash browns, scrambled eggs, sausage. The breakfast was ok, i prefer the complimentary hot breakfast from Hampton Inn hotels better (more variety).

Pro: great location
Cons: did not have power outlet next to bed. You have to either sit on the couch or desk to get a power outlet for my phone, laptop, etc

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
MichelleGuests, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Leesburg Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 9, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are so happy that you were pleased with the location of the hotel and enjoyed the convenience of having a microwave and refrigerator in your room. We were so sorry to hear that you were a bit disappointed in our complimentary hot breakfast buffet variety. Most of our guests love our breakfast buffet which features the following items each day: scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, bacon or sausage, breakfast potatoes, grits, biscuits and gravy, waffles, assorted oatmeals, 6 types of cereal, 4 types of yogurt, blueberry muffins and assorted danishes, two types of fruit (typically apples & bananas), white & wheat bread, bagels, english muffins, orange juice, apple juice and coffee.

We appreciate your feedback about the placement of the power outlets in the guest rooms. We will take these comments in to consideration as we plan future improvements to our guest rooms.

Thank you again for taking the time to review your stay. We hope to welcome you back to the Best Western on your next trip to Leesburg.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Roanoke, Virgina, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

No non smoking room available, someone parked in handicapped spot not handicapped, when asked at FD about it, they could care less, the room just smelled of smoke, although we asked for non smoking room, then told non available, wanted to go to another hotel, but told could not without paying for room Was hotel manager for 30 years, never had such a bad experience, Wrote to them about it, was very diplomatic about it, just wanted a written apology, NOTHING At breakfast, the staff speaking Spanish so loud at next table cold not enjoy

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
lafayette
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

I would highly recommend you stay at this hotel. It is very clean. The rooms are spacious and the beds are so comfortable!! The flat screen tv is also a great addition. They serve a full hot breakfast consisting of bacon, eggs, sausage and biscuits and etc. Way better than the normal "continental" breakfast most hotels serve. The staff was very friendly and inviting. The general manager Richard upon check out asked us how our stay was. He made us feel very welcome and genuinely wanted to ensure that we had a great stay. When you are in this area this is the place to stay!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
H'burg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for a Ladies Church Retreat 11/4/11-11/6/11. Normally I would check the bed and mattresses for bedbugs(one of my worst fears), but this time(of course) I didn't because I was staying with 2 people I hadn't met and didn't want to seem weird. Now I won't let that stop me again. In anycase, about 7/8 days after my stay I noticed bumps on my arms and legs and thought maybe a mosquito had gotten in the house, but then my friend, who was also on the retreat and slept in the same bed as me, told me the same day she thought she had broken out in hives from stress. Later that night we met and I saw her 'hives' and began to look online as it was a weid coincidence that we were both dealing with skin issues. I read up on bedbugs and how the bites can take up to 9 days to appear. She called the hotel and lo and behold, they did have an exterminator check the room and they found bedbugs there. I'm praying that we didn't bring them home with us, as I have an 11 month old. FYI, always check for them no matter the situation. You can use a flashlight and a hairdryer will bring them to the surface. I had always hoped this wouldn't happen to me, but unfortunately, now I have become a victim of this nasty fear. I'm severely allergic and am itching as I type this. Please don't think this can't happen to you and always be on the alert.
***I hate to give the hotel a bad review, but since the bugs were there, I don't really have a choice. I will say the management has been very attentive to the matter***

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank F S
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Right off Virginia's road to nowhere, and home to government contractors and apple growers, The undistinguished Leesburg Best Western had mediocre rooms, loud window heaters that kept me, but not my spouse up, and several six legged critters for us to share it with.

The hotel's business center (one computer) was adequate and free, its workout room adequate, and its complimentary breakfast pedestrian, but clean. The maids did a good job cleaning up.
It did have an elevator that worked.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Jerry W
Culpeper, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

Stayed here one night when in the area for a wedding. Rooms were clean and had nice amenities (flat screen TV, coffee maker, microwave, mini fridge) mattress was standard 8 - 10 inchches no topping and uncomfortable for me an my wife. Breakfast in the morning was above average with Typical Waffle Maker but also had scrambled eggs, sausage links, hash browns, and biscuits and gravy. Overall it's above average for what you pay for, if the mattress had been more comfortable would enthusiastically endorse this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011
tafton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

We traveled to Leesburg with our 2 dogs to attend an English Setter Rescue reunion. The room with king sized bed was comfortable and clean with amenities like a small refigerator where I could keep canned opened dog food and or perishable snacks.

Complimentary Wi Fi was a bonus. There is even a computer room that guests can enjoy for the more sedentary and next to it is the exercise room for the fitness inclined.
Morning breakfast is complimentary with coffee available 24-7 in the lobby.
There is a popcorn maker in the lobby where guests can enjoy hot theater-like popcorn in the evenings. Each and every morning when I went to get breakfast the popcorn machine was totally cleaned out ensuring that when I say fresh popcorn ...it was just that.
There are restaurants that are within walking distance and many of them deliver if you don't want to leave your best friends lonely.
TIP check with the front desk staff to get tips on the best places and many times coupons to use for a significant savings.
If I have to point out any negatives...then I have to say that the hair dryer in our room did not work...had I reported it, I am sure it would have been replaced immediately as the staff was awesome. It was late and we were leaving the next morning so I actually forgot about it. The dogs found a few spiders in the room which were dispatched by my shoe. Behind the hotel is a green area where we walked the dogs. There was some poison ivy there..
It was a great place to stay and we would definitely return.
Visit nearby Leesburg Canine country club a fabulous facility

Room Tip: Ground floor was ideal for gaining egress to the outdoors. Several doors to choose from and we did n...