New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Not Your Average Joe's
Ranked #9 of 211 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We're creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.
Sterling, Virginia
“Food was good, but bring camping gear...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

We visited NYAJ last night with family. Everyone enjoyed their food, but the wait for the food was close to an hour. The wait for the check also seemed too long.

Edmonds, Washington
“It's Really Not Average”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I've eaten at this place three times, while on trips to Virginia. It offers a wide range of choices and a good beverage selection. The atmosphere is fairly loud, but convivial, and the staff is friendly and courteous. The food quality ranges from not bad to yahoo!. I'd say it's above average, for a sports bar/fern bar sort of place. I had two fine meals out of three. That's above average.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ralphalpha
Ashburn, Virginia
“Good Deal for your Birthday”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

If you sign up for their e-mail club, you'll receive an offer for your birthday that includes a complimentary entree and dessert. I made a reservation through OpenTable and let the hostess know when I arrived, but I guess they didn't process it as I later received an e-mail from OpenTable asking why I did not honor my reservation. The complimentary birthday certificate stated you had to make a reservation. We were promptly seated. Our server brought bread and oil for dipping and it was quite good. I had the fish and asked if I could substitute the onion strings for the French fries and was told it would be no problem. I believe the onion straws were plated quite some time before my fish as they were not hot at all. I had the raspberry sorbet for dessert and it was good. My friend had the pulled pork sandwich and there was no problem when she wanted a different side. She had the molten chocolate cake for dessert and it too was good, and decadent. The whole dining experience was just "ok", and would have been better had the food been served hot. Since my meal was free, I guess I shouldn't really complain, but I've never been overly impressed on the few visits I've had, so I won't be going out of my way to eat here again.

• Visited August 2013
Leesburg, Virginia
“Great customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

We live nearby and have eaten here quite a few times and have always been happy with the food and service. It has outdoor seating on the street of a small shopping center and the inside is decorated in lively colors. Recently my husband and I both ordered the same entree and a few minutes later the waitress came to apologize and tell us that entree was not available. She explained why and then told us to order anything we wanted and our tab was "on the house." The manager also came to apologize and the waitress apologized again. We were not presented with a bill and we gave the waitress a generous tip. A couple of years ago we had a similar circumstance and again our entire tab was "on the house." There were 4 of us, including alcohol. Under this circumstance, most restaurants will offer a complimentary dessert or appetizer or a gift card for a future meal, but to pick up the tab is, in my opinion, quite classy! They have won my business and I'll bring friends!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Waterford, Virginia, United States
“Nice place for a glass of wine”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Made a quick stop for a glass of wine and some apps. Good wine list and reasonable prices made this worth a mention. Good apps as well.