WINNER WONDERLAND

Not Your Average Joe's
Ranked #9 of 211 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We're creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Family dinner-great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Excellent menu choices, good food and a lovely area to walk around after eating-all enjoyed very much-good service too!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank 21208

Leesburg, Virginia
“A favorite place for happy hour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Great prices on drinks and food at the bar. The food is well-prepared, fresh and delicious. Love the heirloom tomato flat bread with spinach with the house sangria. It's so hard to resist and not fill up on the bread/olive oil dip with hot pepper flakes, cheese and garlic. NYAJs is the only restaurant that I have ever ordered meat loaf (stuffed) for dinner, and it was better than my home-made one! The service and atmosphere are pleasant, plus they are very accommodating to substitutions and special menu requests.

• Visited June 2013
Arlington, Virginia
“Seasonal and fresh food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

The bread and olive oil dip they start you off with is probably the best of such a thing I have even eaten. The texture of the bread and the spices and garlic and cheese in the light olive oil are fabulous. It is obvious from the menu there are copious gluten free options. The cocktail and mocktail choices looked interesting, though we did not partake. I ordered the meatloaf dinner. Interesting presentation – two mini towers consisting of mashed potato base topped with a meatloaf burger topped with more mashed potatoes, then frizzled onions. The two towers were drizzled with barbecue style gravy and sprinkled with a small amount of diced vegetables. The meatloaf was delicious and juicy and stuffed with cheese. The mashed potatoes were perfect and rich but I was hoping for more veggies. The frizzled onions were pretty but lacked onion flavor and tasted like crispy breading. The tasty gravy was necessary and it worked. I ate only one tower and they put the remaining one in sturdy take out packaging complete with storing and reheating directions. My dining companion got a Chinese Chicken entrée salad which she proclaimed delicious. Numerous couples and groups were sitting outside on the patio and seemed to be enjoying themselves. Our server was nice, efficient, and not pushy about joining any club, prepaying for meals in order to get a discount, or purchasing gift cards, practices which seem prevalent today. I don’t mind being asked once as long as my polite "no thank you" is accepted without further sales pitch. From a conversation with a work colleague I was expecting to experience something like this, but happily did not. Their menu changes seasonally, which is a good sign.

• Visited June 2013
Lansdowne, Virginia
“Always lively and interesting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Recently had a wonderful salad for lunch at NYAJ. It was abundant and very fresh. The service was good. The staff is very friendly and professional. I highly recommend this restaurant for reasonable lunch or dinner. Great bar too!

• Visited May 2013
Sterling, Virginia, United States
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I go here often even though it means I have to travel a little bit. I have yet to have a bad experience here and even when I get something that I know is below their standard, the staff is quick to listen to suggestions and correct any mistakes made. Also, the management is beyond great. They go well above and beyond taking care of their customers. On occasion, just to get out of the house, I go there with my young children and when I found myself having to leave the table with one of them, a manager was quick to see my plight and sit with my other two little ones while I took care of what I needed to with the third. Love this place!

Visited May 2013