“Great Gluten Free Consciousness, and April Wine Sale”

Not Your Average Joe's
Reserve with OpenTable
Not Your Average Joe's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 216 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We're creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.
Olney, Maryland
“Great Gluten Free Consciousness, and April Wine Sale”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I was very close to giving this restaurant a three-star "average" rating, because the food was just OK. My Vietnamese salmon, an interesting recipe, tasted a little pre-prepared, not fresh. My wife's fish was better. But her dish, and mine, were overly salty. I bumped my rating to four "not-your-average" stars for a couple of reasons. This restaurant has a true Gluten-Free consciousness with a number of creative choices. As GF diners (my wife by necessity), we felt safe here. The customer service is first rate. We loved our personable waitress, Kit, although it seems the policy here is for the wait staff to linger a long time over tables and chat up customers. That can be great. But it also can also wander into annoyance when you want to eat your food. Finally, there's the fabulous April 20-for-$20 wine bottle sale (along with the $10/glass offerings of higher-quality, highly rated wines). What a great idea, especially for those of us wine lovers who bristle when restaurants try to vastly over-charge us for wines we know are much less expensive.

• Visited April 2013

Boone, North Carolina
“One of our Lansdowne (Leesburg) favorites”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We have been to Joes several times on our visits to Lansdowne. Last night we went at 6:30 and there was a wait. That was our first time to have to wait, but it was dinner time!
I have tried their pizza, which was very good,and last night I had Not Your Average Meatloaf. VERY GOOD! Every thing we have had there has been tasty and we have been very happy.
The service has been consistently good there and last night was no exception.

My only complaint from last night is the noise level. We could barely hear each other. It was very crowded, so that was understandable.
Not a great place for a romantic dinner or for friends trying to catch up at dinner time. Maybe later in the evening after the crowd thins out would be better...
All in all we love Not Your Average Joes.

• Visited April 2013
Charlestown, Ireland
“Consistently good.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Food and cocktails are both tasty. My favorite is the Jambalya made with linguica. Not traditional, but oh so good! If you're not too hungry, don't start off with the bread. You can't just one! I suggest having your server bring it with your meal. The one meal I've had that I didn't care for was their veggie burger. It's a bit too thick and mushy.
Dining is casual and the staff is friendly.

Visited April 2013
Hamilton, Virginia
“Worse Than Average”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This place has gone downhill -- service is poor, food is awful. Ticked off that I had to pay for the experience. Will not go back.

• Visited March 2013
Herndon, Virginia
“Used to be a favorite”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Since it was opened, have enjoyed bringing friends and family here to try their tasty and very original food. Made a reservation for tonight to bring family still in town for our Easter celebration. Firstly, tonight our service wasn't very good. Most of the meals were alright but the two that had the sirloin tips were greatly disappointed. Meat was extremely tough and couldn't be chewed. Our waitress never came near to check on us till it was too late. We explained about the bad meat and she could see half left on the plate but no compensation or offer of another dish was offered. No manager came and even apologized. If anything, he purposely seem to avoid our table. What a shame because I won' t be bringing guests here again.

• Visited March 2013