“Nice local place”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 28, 2012

We went to the Blue Ridge Grill today for an early dinner after visiting the outlets. Fortunately at 4:45 we were seated right away. The place is nice, very tradtional looking. Wait staff was attentive and the food was good. We had the Lobster Bisque first, $4.50 a bowl very reasonable and very good. Rich to sum it up in one word. The bread they gave us had a nice crust and was chewy. For dinner I had the crab cakes which were tasty, excellent fries and a very good cole slaw. My wife had the filet mignon and it was cooked correctly and was very good. I am happy with the choice we made which was determined by reading trip advisor!

1  Thank D4379

Reviewed April 27, 2012

The BRG, oddly situated among a farm supply store, a busy city bypass, a fast food chain restaurant, and a tire shop, manages to go way beyond its humble surroundings to serve some really good food.

We seem drawn addictively to their roasted prime rib, and this visit was no exception. Well seasoned and slow roasted, a 12 oz. cut is generously filling, with a moist, flavorful loaded baked potato. A starter mixed greens salad was fresh and lightly coated with a delightful citrus dressing that contrasted well with sweet fresh mango bits. Service was (and consistently is) excellent just enough attention to keep our drinks refilled and empty plates cleared. One small, yet appreciated approach is that the food is delivered from the kitchen by a separate server. This subtle staffing strategy keeps the food moving when wait staff are busy. Like any place, some dishes are better here than others, as some reviews have shown. Consistently, I prefer the prime rib, the BBQ ribs, the crabcakes (not the sauce), and some of the fresh fish specials when these are not buried by a heavy sauce.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

I have dined here on several occasions (lunch, early evening and even weekends) and the most important thing to remember is that the food is always good. On average, the service is good (although a few of the bartenders have gotten low grades from me for not being very friendly). No matter, I will continue coming back because the food is consistently good. I highly recommend the guacamole appetizer (not on the menu?), but wish they would not put cilantro in it (yuk!), and the burgers make you feel like you dropped right in to burger heaven.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Our go-to place when we want great food. Service is Excellent! Great atmosphere. Don't be fooled by the location (behind McDonalds, Sheetz, and The Tire Shop). Once you step in it's a different world. You can tell by the wait that the food is great. Try the smoked salmon app.. The burgers are homemade.
Give it a try...

Reviewed April 7, 2012

We really do like the Blue Ridge Grill. They fit in that perfect spot between the sit-down chains like TGIF or Ruby Tuesday and the overly expensive white table cloth stuffy places. Family friendly, great service, great bar selections, and an eclectic menu to fit a wide range of tastes. Having said all that, we've had a couple of misses at BRG. If it was only once, I'd just let it slide - but the last couple of times my favorite Lobster Bisque was served barely luke warm. Soup should be hot, lawsuits be damned. But they're not getting close to hot these days. Next up, my favorite BRG Crab Cakes! I did the standard fries, slaw, and cakes plate. I don't know how they did it, but the slaw was cool and crisp, the fries were hot, crisp on the outside, soft on the inside...and my crab cakes were barely warm. We'll try them again and again - I'm not the type to send food back - but I won't settle for 'nearly warm' food next time.