“Try the Potato Leek Soup!”
Review of South Street Under

South Street Under
Ranked #12 of 225 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I went here with a co-worker who's from the Leesburg area and just hearing the sound she made while saying "Potato Leek Soup" made me order it. It did not disappoint! It's perfectly creamy, comes with little slices of soft white bread and goes well with whichever half-sandwich you decide to choose.

The Tomato Asiago Soup (only available on Tuesdays) is a close second but the grilled cheese sandwich I ordered to dip in it lacked flavor--I'll won't order that again. Their pecan bars are large enough to share and are rich with a delicious crust. From the response that my co-workers gave, all their sandwich/wrap choices were also tasty. I cannot wait to go back and explore the rest of their menu.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

great deli, excellent food, tight seating area, but there is outside eating too, love all the menu items, good tea, take out, fun place to visit

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Best cookies and baked goods.
Amazing Potato Leek Soup and unique soda selection.
Great location.
Good prices.
Limited hours : (

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I used to commute to Leesburg every week from 2001 until around 2005. At some point during this time, I discovered the South Street Under Bakery and tried their ciabatta. Whenever I could, I would go there on a Friday and buy two loaves of ciabatta--one to bring to work, and the other to bring home with me on the plane. Last week, I flew into Dulles to attend a two-day workshop in McLean. I drove from Dulles to Leesburg to get two loaves of ciabatta before then driving to McLean. No distance is too far to go for this ciabatta. I introduced my coworkers to this delicacy, and they couldn't stop eating it. I'm glad I bought two loaves, because that left me one to bring to the hotel with me for later. Their ciabatta is soft and tasty, sprinkled with sea salt. If you can get to the bakery early, you can get a loaf while it's still warm from the oven, and let me tell ya, THAT is good! As I type this, my mouth is watering--it's that good.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

the view of the baker kneading and shaping is great. Sandwiches on these breads awe always a plus, good place to catch up with a friend for lunch. Pricing is good for the value.