“Casual and Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Leesburg, Virginia
“Casual and Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I love the sandwiches and deserts here. My favorites are the tuna sandwich, best ever tasted. And the walnut raspberry brownie. I recently discovered a peanut butter creme cheese type brownie and it has moved up on my list too! Staff is efficient and kind.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Navigator556

Ashburn, Virginia, United States
“Best Breakfast Sandwich I Ever Ate!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My wife and I try and go to South Street Under at lest once a week. The breakfast sandwiches are incredible. We always get the Bacon, Egg, & Cheese on Ciabatta bread - bread that's baked fresh on the property. Insane! We've stopped by for loaves of ciabatta for Thanksgiving, Christmas and other special occasions.

The staff is friendly and Beth has the energy that you want see and hear in the morning...she's fantastic! Just about every other guest comes in and knows her by name...and she knows who they are as well!

They also have a fridge with a great selection of drinks, wine, and prepared food that you can take home to enjoy. We can't get enough of this place!

• Visited August 2012
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice all around deli!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We made the trek to Leesburg from Harpers Ferry to visit this restaurant based on the positive reviews. We weren't disappointed! Best roast beef sandwich I've had out in years! The Chicken Ciapini was delicious, too! Don't leave without dessert!

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
Leesburg, VA
“Best Place For Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

I eat here often. Every day they have at least 4 different kinds of soup or stew. These are always delicious and made from what is fresh and available at the time. In addition there is always a special sandwich, quiche, and tea of the day. Each is made fresh that day or in the case of the sandwich while you wait. On top of this they have the best ciabatta bread in town which is supplied with the soup and can be purchased to take home. They also stock their refrigerator with meals that can be taken home and they sell their soup in large contatiner for take home too (they include a loaf of the spectacular bread). There is a lovely patio outside or you can dine in.

• Visited June 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“A perfect little lunch!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

A friend and I were touring Leesburg and asked a local resident where she would recommend for lunch. She named several places but said South Street Under was known for their home baked ciabetta. One thing I really liked was the parking lot (free!) right at the Market Station where South Street Under is located. Be sure to check out the complete menu, not just the specials written on the blackboard. At South Street Under, you order and pay for your lunch, they give you a number to put in the clip at your table and then someone brings your lunch to you. It was really fast!! In the time we had gotten a table and I went to the restroom to wash my hands, our food had arrived! Both my friend and I were impressed with the freshness of the sandwich and the local resident was right....the ciabetta was FABULOUS!!!!

• Visited April 2012