“Best Breakfast Sandwich I Ever Ate!”
Review of South Street Under

South Street Under
Ranked #14 of 214 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Ashburn, Virginia, United States
“Best Breakfast Sandwich I Ever Ate!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My wife and I try and go to South Street Under at lest once a week. The breakfast sandwiches are incredible. We always get the Bacon, Egg, & Cheese on Ciabatta bread - bread that's baked fresh on the property. Insane! We've stopped by for loaves of ciabatta for Thanksgiving, Christmas and other special occasions.

The staff is friendly and Beth has the energy that you want see and hear in the morning...she's fantastic! Just about every other guest comes in and knows her by name...and she knows who they are as well!

They also have a fridge with a great selection of drinks, wine, and prepared food that you can take home to enjoy. We can't get enough of this place!

• Visited August 2012

Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
“Nice all around deli!”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We made the trek to Leesburg from Harpers Ferry to visit this restaurant based on the positive reviews. We weren't disappointed! Best roast beef sandwich I've had out in years! The Chicken Ciapini was delicious, too! Don't leave without dessert!

• Visited May 2012
Leesburg, VA
“Best Place For Lunch”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I eat here often. Every day they have at least 4 different kinds of soup or stew. These are always delicious and made from what is fresh and available at the time. In addition there is always a special sandwich, quiche, and tea of the day. Each is made fresh that day or in the case of the sandwich while you wait. On top of this they have the best ciabatta bread in town which is supplied with the soup and can be purchased to take home. They also stock their refrigerator with meals that can be taken home and they sell their soup in large contatiner for take home too (they include a loaf of the spectacular bread). There is a lovely patio outside or you can dine in.

• Visited June 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“A perfect little lunch!!!”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

A friend and I were touring Leesburg and asked a local resident where she would recommend for lunch. She named several places but said South Street Under was known for their home baked ciabetta. One thing I really liked was the parking lot (free!) right at the Market Station where South Street Under is located. Be sure to check out the complete menu, not just the specials written on the blackboard. At South Street Under, you order and pay for your lunch, they give you a number to put in the clip at your table and then someone brings your lunch to you. It was really fast!! In the time we had gotten a table and I went to the restroom to wash my hands, our food had arrived! Both my friend and I were impressed with the freshness of the sandwich and the local resident was right....the ciabetta was FABULOUS!!!!

• Visited April 2012
Leesburg, Virginia
“Excellent Bakery”
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I ordered a birthday cake here - yellow cake layered with custard and fresh strawberries, topped with whipped cream frosted. It was excellent! We also tried the bread, which was excellent as well. Friendly service, reasonable prices - I think that I finally found my go-to bakery!

• Visited February 2012