“Dive bar with live music”

King's Court Tavern
Ranked #164 of 212 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Leesburg, VA
“Dive bar with live music”
Reviewed November 18, 2010

This is not a place you go to for the food or for great ambiance. This is a semi-popular local spot because of the live music and cheap beer. They do a nice job getting in local bands and singers.

The fish and chips are incredibly good but that is the only thing worth ordering off the menu.

The decor/furniture/paint hasn't changed in years and some people consider that part of the bar's charm.

1 Thank Leesburg_VAWilson

Reston, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I enjoyed my fish and chips listening to live music.”
Reviewed August 25, 2010

My wife walked in to this old looking tavern because they serve fish and chips and there was a live jazz band playing. We seated ourselves and the bartender came to greet us and our service went smoothly even though he seemed to be the only person waiting on a room full of people. We enjoyed the fish and chips, the music was what added to our evening. The place looks very old, but the atmosphere was casual and we would visit this place again any Thursday night.

1 Thank tony1212123
Virginia
“Will Never Go Back”
Reviewed March 29, 2010

Our server was brief and dismissive with us from the moment we arrived. We were one of two tables of customers eating and had to wait almost half an hour for burgers. Our server had the audacity to question us about his tip amount as we left. He might have kept our business by apologizing for the service, instead, we will never patronize King's Court Tavern again.

1 Thank 14Travels
Culpeper, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Those previous reviews seem out-of-date!”
Reviewed January 31, 2010

For of all, let me say that I am not an owner, employee nor a third party vendor for King's Court Tavern. I went to at Kings Court last Friday, 29 January, for the first time, and those prior reviews seem past history. I run a music business, TriRock Music, and went to the open mic with a bunch of my artists from our studio. Chuck runs the open mic now and runs it fairly. Yes, there are some regulars there, and they are well known, BUT not necessarily favored. We got up to perform mixed in with the regulars, and the regulars welcomed us up to play with them at times. To reinforce this review, I am going to post some of the tracks that I recorded there with my Edirol R09 on my company's web site under the page called, "TRACKS", so you can see the variety of music that is played and played with enthusiasm. I can also say that the service was more than acceptable, it was excellent. The bartender was great, and our waitperson periodically came by our table to check on us without us having to hunt them down. And, the food is pub grub, what's wrong with that? The fish and chips are to die for as mentioned. And the rest of the menu is way above average for pub grub. If you want the high-priced food and decor of Outback or Bonefish, go there, and that would be a mistake because you would miss some really great music.

1 Thank Pale_Granger
loudoun county
“Microwave food”
Reviewed July 10, 2009

We've recently moved to the area and like most, are charmed by old town Leesburg. We needed to kill a couple of hours and stopped in for lunch. We found the decor charming -old and used looking, with a dart board. The menu didn't have British pub food but rather hot wings, burgers and the like. I went to school in Buffalo - I love hot wings so OK - I tried them - dry - not hot - no chunky blue cheese and no celery. My husband's burger was OK but we really could have gone to Ruby Tuesday's and gotten better. With a name like King's Court Tavern - there's so much potential - it's a shame the owners don't go with it and make their restaurant something special in historic Leesburg.