“Nice food and ambiance” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tuscarora Mill

Tuscarora Mill
Reserve with OpenTable
Tuscarora Mill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 202 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American, Soups, Gluten Free, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Loudoun & Harrison
Transit: Loudoun Transit stops at Harrison & Loudoun
Bowie, Maryland
“Nice food and ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This was obviously one of the most popular places in town, and we found out why. We sat in the bar section and had very nice meals and drinks with good service. Good and interesting menu and drink choices. We liked it.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Valerie O

Connecticut
“Small portions, $$$”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

The place is cute inside, nice atmosphere (for couples – no kids). Service was fine. The food was good, but for the amount you pay, and the portion size you get, I wouldn’t recommend this place.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank gonesomewherewarm
Washington, DC
“If in Leesburg--Go here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Head here if you want a very good meal with a nice atmosphere in Leesburg. Stay away form Lightfoot, not what it used to be. T. Mill is excellent. The restaurant is old style with linen table cloths, even at lunchtime, and the waiters are dressed very nicely in a black uniform with vests. Start with the Mango Mojito, perfect. I had a beef tip fondue, filling enough to be a meal at lunch with a salad. The Caesar is perfect, not at all heavy and a nice vinegar taste; hard to make a good Caesar, but this is a great one. The homemade pastrami tasted light, yes light. Not a heavy meat like you find in most all other places. Again, perfect. Try the decadent cheese cake beignet with fruit sauce yummy. A perfect lunch.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank CookWashingtonDC
Kingsport, Tennessee, United States
“Torn.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I am divided on how to review this restaurant. It was a favorite from when my husband and I lived in Leesburg in the early 90's. I was so happy when my sister and her family ended up moving to Leesburg a few years ago,and looked forward to visiting some of our old favorites. This past weekend was their 15th anniversary, as well as Memorial Day, so we came for a visit. We decided to go to Tuscarora Mill for dinner, sans kids. We asked for a corner table in the main dining room. There were none available when we arrived, but there was one around the corner in an alcove area they have. It was the last table in the alcove, which may have been some of the problem. You can't be seen from the main area, as there is a wall separating this area. Our server took longer than usual to get to the table and greet us. She seemed very competent and friendly, and took our drink order. The guys ordered a half-dozen oysters, a beer and a glass of red wine. My husband asked where the oysters were from, because they can vary in size depending on the location. She said they had east coast and west coast, with the east being much larger. They ordered the east coast oysters My sister and I ordered a wedge salad to split and a bottle of sparkling wine. We waited quite a while, then someone brought us some water and bread. (Which was good, but not as good as the sourdough they used to serve years ago) A male runner brought us the oysters and salad, which had been split onto two plates. (a gesture I appreciate when two people are splitting an item!) The oysters were puny. We asked him if they were the east coast oysters, and were told they were the west coast. We told him we had ordered the east coast, so he snatched the plate up and took them back. The salad was delicious. It was romaine with diced tomato, bacon and gorgonzola dressing. Yum! At this point I went to visit the rest room. Getting through the main dining room from where we were sitting was tricky. The tables were close together, and some people were scooted out too far. The rest rooms were okay. When I got back, my husband and brother-in-law had their drinks. My sister told me the waitress brought the wrong wine, so we waited some more. The oysters and wine finally arrived, but the waitress said they didn't have any crackers for the oysters. She offered to get some toast points. My husband said they were an acceptable alternative, but I found it odd a restaurant wouldn't have saltines for oysters. When the wine was brought she forgot a wine chiller, so we had to ask for one when she returned. Our entrees finally arrived, and they were all excellent. I had the penne pasta with chicken. It was just as delicious as I remember from past visits. The others had trout, shrimp and grits, and the pork chop. All three of them said their orders were delicious. We decided against dessert. All in all, it was a delicious meal. Besides the minor issues with the service, the table we were sitting at was uneven. We kept having to shove it against the wall the steady it. As I mentioned before, I believe our remote table out of sight caused some of the issues with service, but it is something that lowered my rating of this meal. This is a great restaurant that we will definitely return to, but I will be quicker to complain the next time.

• 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Lisa S
Lovettsville, Virginia
“Prom night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We took our daughter and date here for their prom night. We requested seperate seating. Their "prom night " special was actually more expensive than our regular menu food. We even had an appetizer. I'm not quite sure how that happened. The food is delicious and always has an excellent presentation. The wait staff is knowledgeable and very proper. Great place for that special occassion:ie, anniversary, date night, honeymoon, etc. Plan for high cost though. It is very expensive!

1 Thank Karen K