“Great ambiance and very good food.”
Review of Tuscarora Mill

Tuscarora Mill
Reserve with OpenTable
Tuscarora Mill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 232 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Loudoun & Harrison
Transit: Loudoun Transit stops at Harrison & Loudoun
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have been here 3 times now and feel confident in writing a review. I wanted to get past the ambiance, which is outstanding and focus on the food. I love the seafood salad, very fresh and the seared tuna is the best. Burgers are excellent as was the turkey club. Service has always been very attentive and friendly. It deserves the rating it has gotten beyond a doubt.

1  Thank TEX2MD

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Five of us went for a birthday celebration recently.

We were seated in a brightly lit, high ceilinged room on the second floor, which was pleasant and not noisy.

The wait staff was attentive, but we had to remind them initially about some small things, like more of the delicious bread, and some butter.

From there on in, I cannot fault the service.

One in our group had a food allergy, and the waiter not only found out whether a soup on the menu (the to-die-for corn chowder) contained the allergen, he continued to proactively find out if the same allergen was in anything else ordered, or on special.

The food ordered was wonderful--three in the party got the lamb, one got the hamburger from the bar, and the last in our party got a steak. As stated above, the corn chowder is not to be missed--it is probably the best I have ever had. All the rest of the food was delicious and prepared and served exactly as ordered.

If there was a disappointment, food wise, it would have to be the scalloped potatoes, which were obviously produced as a large casserole, and were served in a large square rather bland chunk.

Desserts were insanely good--in retrospect I only wonder how we were able to order them at all.

I would definitely return for a special occasion meal. It is a little pricier than I would like to pay for a normal dinner out.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Saturday 9/29/2012 we took our second visit to Tuscarora Mill. Service was excellent!
We were even given 3 tiny complimentary bruchetta's to whet our appetite. Nice.
Our major disappointment were two cocktails we ordered off their menu. A Basil Margarita and a Basil/Strawberry Mojito. The margarita was $10.00, small and 90% lemon/lime mixer with basil. I added ice and water to cut the bitterness of the mixer. After that it was palatble but there could not have been TB of liquor in the drink, I exaggerate not. The basil/strawberry mojito was the polar opposite in size, a large ice tea glass, lots of ice, muddled strawberries and basil, a larger watery liquorless drink as well. Stick with wine/beer and well shots.
Our dinners were tasty and sized appropriate for price, except the Surf and Turf at $37.00...It consisted of 3 nearly bite size pieces, no more than two oz., of beef, 3 shrimp, potato and vegetable. Menu said Wagyu beef...I am a filet of beef freak and this was nothing special, I told my husband "it looks like an appetizer!!!" It was under seasoned and I ordered med rare and over cooked. So just warning you about the over priced drinks and Surf & Turf entree.....Other wise a pleasant dining experience.

1  Thank Mari L
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

The Tuscarora Mill restaurant--sometimes called "Tuskie's"--is a place to keep in mind. Leesburg is not Colonial Williamsburg, indeed, the surroundings are almost urban, but once inside the restaurant the historical cues are abundant.

The service is impeccable. The bar can be deafening, but the high-ceilinged dining room allows conversation. Most of our conversation was about how good the food was.

The local food moviement is in full swing here. The menu is not large, but it is quite complete from an amuse-Bouche to a tiny, wonderful dessert of fresh blueberries on a snicker doodle crust. .

We tried chicken with penne pasta, grilled organic chicken, and a pork "saltimboca a la Americana." Saltimbocca in name only, but it was a terrific pork chop with collard greens to die for.

Everything was delicious. We'll go again.

2  Thank Jpeak29k
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This is a lovely restaurant with very good food. The wait staff was incredibly attentive. The location and the decor are what really make the restaurant special (we were tucked in a window table in a little nook that almost felt like dining in a private room). The food is wonderful: We especially enjoyed the tuna and the peach cobbler (with snickerdoodle crust!)

1  Thank BlueHorizon7