“Pleasant but not spectacular” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lightfoot

Lightfoot
Reserve with OpenTable
Lightfoot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 201 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American, Gluten Free, International, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Market Street
“Pleasant but not spectacular”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

My husband and I had dinner at Lightfoot last Saturday night. The restaurant was beautiful on the inside. The bar area is much too small. The wait staff was very good. The food was very tasty and nice portions. Maybe a bit pricey, as was the wine list. But all in all, a good meal.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars

Sterling, Virginia
“Great American Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

This is a favorite spot for my family and friends. Food is fresh and specials are delectable. We had dinner for several other friends. Service was impeccable. Ladies were served first, as it should be. Food was flavorful. Wine selection is top notch. One of our friends even went off her diet to have a glass of red wine that was too irresistible to pass up. Mocha Ya- Ya dessert is a must. Even when I am too full to eat it there, I will order it to take home. Can be romantic but also ncie and comfortable. In a historic former bank and decorative but jeans are allowed. Bon Appetit!!

Vienna, Virginia, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never been for dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

But the sister that's the chef out does herself every Saturday and Sunday for lunch! The food is creative and excellent!
Service varies depending on who you get, but never falls below average and is often excellent.

Visited October 2013
Reston, Virginia
“Food & atmosphere never disappoints”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

My girlfriend and I had an amazing Sunday brunch today @ Lightfoot. We hadn't been there in a while. I ordered the Chesapeake Eggs Benedict and my friend ordered the soup, spinach salad and grilled cheese sandwich. The food was outstanding!! We were seated in a nice quiet booth in the back. The restaurant was packed, but I didn't notice the noise level. We will definitely go back soon.

Northern Virginia
“Fine dining at Lightfoot - one of my very favorite restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a very nice meal with friends at Lightfoot. The building is very nice, a former bank from the days when banks were grander than today, retaining much of its impressive decoration, and even some of the vault doors. The food is wonderful and creative. I loved the mushroom strudel appetizer. I indulged in the pork shank with cheesy bread pudding (there was more to the description than that, I should have taken notes). Very, very tender, lots of food. The hardest thing was picking the entrée, the rockfish special sounded wonderful. Very nice dessert, wonderful salad with lots of special things in it (roasted nuts, pear, carmelized something or other, etc).

It's not cheap, but given the ultra-high quality, I consider it a good value. (Most entrees in the upper twenties, but there are some more affordable options.) We've been before and we'll go again, even though it's a bit of a drive for us.