“5 Stars!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lightfoot

Lightfoot
Reserve with OpenTable
Lightfoot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 213 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American, International, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Market Street
Ashburn, Virginia
“5 Stars!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

5 Stars to the crew at Lightfoot tonight! We made a reservation for 4PM and were 21 minutes late but they still found a cozy, private spot for us to have our Valentine's Day dinner. The meal was fantastic also and the drinks were plentiful.

As you might imagine, we will be back to visit many times. Thank you very much.
Mark & Beth Anton

• Visited February 2013

Warrenton, Virginia
“Memories”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Memories of this restaurant start four years ago. Then, it was wonderful, a real treasure. Gracious dining in a historic old bank (of all things!), food from local sources, and attentive and courteous service.
Today, after three recent visits, I must sigh and comment that Lightfoot's seems to have gone the way of most dining establishments.
The last visit, I ordered their special, local veal, (no cost was mentioned and it was $45.00) that was way too salty, polenta that tasted tinny, and their premier dessert, "Sticky Toffee Pudding," that was DRIED OUT! Seemed over-microwaved.
When the waiter asked about it, I answered that it was "a bit dry." We did not eat more than a forkful, the water noticed, said he'd say something to the kitchen but didn't take it off the check. In former years, had a major flaw like this be revealed, the server would have been more gracious. However, this seems like the times of today. My husband had grits and ham biscuits as well and they were fine, but jeese, this is so traditional Virginia food...it had BETTER be decent. Our check came to about $100.00 easily, without alcohol, and so this restaurant is now on our "pending" list. Used to be such a treat!

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Leesburg, Virginia
“All looks no brains!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

This place looks terrific and that is where it stops. The food is very mediocre and the price for the quality is ridiculous! Been there twice to give them the benefit of the doubt. Never again!

Visited March 2012
Lovettsville, Virginia, United States
“over priced cold to warm food at your table”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Poor service, food was cold to luke warm, poorly executed dishes. Too much BS by the staff. Owner is clueless.

Visited January 2013
Leesburg, Virginia
“Good till the last bite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Had a great impromptu bar side dinner on Friday night with my partner. I'm never disappointed when I walk through the doors, the fireplace was roaring, had lovely soft music playing and the ambience is always spot on. I've only ever come in for drinks before, so this s my first opportunity to review the food. DELICIOUS!!!!! My English husband ordered the fish and chips and they were about as authentic as a British fish and chip platter come. The cod was thick and flakey and the batter was crisp (nothing worse than soggy batter)....I ordered a flank steak salad, and the flavours just popped.....the blue cheese, and walnuts combined with the fine fried onions were to die for (I didn't want to share) The steak was cooked exactly how I asked, so tender, it melted in my mouth. They had over a dozen mouth watering deserts on the menu, but sadly no cheesecake, but our waiter said not to worry......I spotted few pieces left from a private party, so we were truly accommodated. Had such a special night out.....can't wait till next time.

• Visited January 2013