“Great lunch spot” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lightfoot

Lightfoot
Reserve with OpenTable
Lightfoot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 202 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American, Gluten Free, International, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Market Street
Leesburg, Virginia
“Great lunch spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is a great lunch spot in the nice weather. I like to sit outside and have a nice lunch. Everything is good and the service is very good. This is also a great place to take visitors to Leesburg.

Visited June 2012

Purcellville, Virginia
“Favorite Bar Dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Love Love Love going to Lightfoot to enjoy dinner at the bar. Great atmosphere, great food, great drinks. Fantastic cheese platter...it's a must have!

Visited December 2012
Wash. DC
“Very good but could be even better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Probably my #3 "nice" place to eat in town. Quality can be spotty at times but overall they do a very good job of cooking ans presenting quality food.

Visited October 2012
Shippensburg
“Not Concerned With Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife and I stopped here with my mother in law after we picked her up from Dulles on the 27th. We had had pretty good experiences here (for lunch only) and were excited to treat her and try dinner. Things seemed to start off okay but went downhill quickly. We ordered a burger, 1 regular salad (not entree salad), ham biscuit appetizer and a special they had (pork). We ordered about 6:25/6:30. There were not really that many people there although it did gradually pick up some. We started asking about food at 6:55 figuring that what we ordered wasn't a very involved order. We were told we were "next up." About 7:10, we were told "we got swamped and they are putting it together." Then a front manager (host?) came and said he was sorry that the food should be right up. So, about 7:20, our food comes. Two tables around us that came in after us received their appetizers AND meals before us. Not once was there an offer of a drink while we waited, dessert to be on the house etc. I figured I would wait to see if an adjustment was made on the bill. Nothing!!!!! So, my wife went to talk to this front house person. He apologized again and said the pork took extra to prepare. OUR SERVER NEVER TOLD US!! But, even so, as a special that may be popular....45-50 minutes?? And...here is what it was, about 7 small pork medallions. THAT took that long??? Plus a burger, ham biscuits and a regular size salad!!!!! He then offered a free dessert but we were already gone to the car. Didn't offer any change of bill. Said he would call wife next day after talking with owner. To this day (4 days later), no one has called. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE way to run a restaurant. My wife even told him, " The worst part is when you do this to my husband he is done, he won't come back here again and this is my favorite restaurant." She'll have to go with someone else but after not being called for 4 days I think she is done too. If you are operating this high caliber of a place, you need to get it right. Not hard to get food right all in all but, would it have broken the bank to give us something free??? What an uppity attitude. I know it won't break them if I never go back but I'm definitely making sure my friends know!!!!!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank WHISKEYTIM
Alexandria, Virginia
“Perfect, crispy onion shavings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I probably would like Lightfoot even if the food wasn't great. It's just a marvelous, historic atmosphere there in the old bank building. But since the food is always good, well hey, need I say more? On this outing, my steak salad had those perfect little onion crispies on it. Oh. Delicious. My friend swore that her pea soup was the very best she had ever eaten. So, thanks, Lightfoot, for maintaining such high standards.

• Visited November 2012