WINNER WONDERLAND

“Lovely place to spend time” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lightfoot

Lightfoot
Reserve with OpenTable
Lightfoot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 211 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American, International, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Market Street
Ashburn, Virginia
“Lovely place to spend time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Loudoun County has a few restaurants that are gems, and this is one of them. At once elegant and casual, Lightfoot offers an environment that is appealing for its historical significance. This is a wonderful place to take a date, business partner or guests from out of town to dine in an atmosphere that invokes old Virginia. This is a truly lovely restaurant in which to spend an hour or two enjoying a meal. The menu remains mostly the same, and is not complicated. Dinner offerings are more sophisticated than lunch, and are of course more expensive. This is why many locals favor the Lightfoot for special occasions, though a number of people visit regularly because they love the atmosphere. In the milder months, the restaurant opens up its alfresco dining, offering the perfect way to spend a long lunch. What Lightfoot may occasionally lack in its menu, it makes up for in spades with its lovely and warm environment.

Visited December 2012

Lancaster, Pa.
“Lightfoot....a heavy in the Leesburg restaurant world!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

I ate here recently while in the Hunt Country on a photo shoot and highly recommend this fine restaurant to you.

A former bank building the inside is elegant. Beautiful wood and high ceilings, working gas fireplace near a central and friendly bar, variety of tables placed nicely throughout and of course excellent service and food. I had the Osso Bucco which was devine.

Eat at the Lightfoot (beautifully decorated for Christmas too, including gorgeous
outside lighting) and you too will be very pleased with your dining choice in Leesburg. Bon Appetit!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Great ambiance, fabulous service and excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

A colleague and I had lunch here this week. Upon entering, we were met by a wonderfully gracious host who struck up a conversation immediately. After being seated, we were promptly attended to by our server who provided both the needed attention and subsequent time away. In other words, a consummate professional. I'd hire him in a minute.

The food didn't take too long to arrive, despite the large lunchtime crowd. Our meals were both delicious and properly proportioned to the price.

I've eaten dinner here, although awhile ago as well. The atmosphere, set off by a large vault door (the place was once a bank), is just as beautiful at night. The food then was also just as good but of course, prices are a bit higher for dinner.
This is another must-eat experience when in Leesburg!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Did not live up to the expectations and reviews in my book!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

Crab Bisque, Spinach Salad and breads were awesome but the filet that was $30 had no flavor. The only thing that helped was the bearnaise sauce and herb butter. Very disappointing. I recommend Tuskies as we ate there last evening and everything was amazing!!!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Entree description did not match what I got and service was horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I went to the restaurant for my birthday, despite some reservations about the noise level on previous visits. Our woes started when we were seated in a booth at the back of the restaurant, with a nearby table of inebriated women talking so loudly to one another that we had to ask to move. We were then seated at the front of the restaurant, where unfortunately we could still hear the women. The restaurant has a serious noise problem which has never been addressed.
I ordered the shrimp and grits, described on the menu as shrimp tossed with tomatoes, onion and garlic over grits. What arrived was a large bowl of shrimp suffocated by an inch thick layer of something like a marinara sauce. I couldn't even see the grits. I was stunned. When the waiter saw me trying to remove the thick goop to my bread plate, all he asked was whether he could take away my bread plate. No offer to get me something else. Marinara sauces don't sit we'll with me, and to eat the shrimp I had to wash them off in my water glass. I finally just gave up and ate nothing but bread. So much for my birthday dinner, the worst dinner I have ever had in my life.
And to add insult to injury, when I again told my waiter that the description of the dish in the menu didn't match what I received, he said nothing. When he brought us our bill he said "the chef is sorry" but billed us for the mess anyway.
So, horrible ambiance, bad food, indifferent waiter, chef who sneers at complaints about the food. What's to like? Absolutely nothing. My husband and I will never go back.

1 Thank countrygal1