New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Did not live up to the expectations and reviews in my book!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lightfoot

Lightfoot
Reserve with OpenTable
Lightfoot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 211 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American, International, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Market Street
“Did not live up to the expectations and reviews in my book!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

Crab Bisque, Spinach Salad and breads were awesome but the filet that was $30 had no flavor. The only thing that helped was the bearnaise sauce and herb butter. Very disappointing. I recommend Tuskies as we ate there last evening and everything was amazing!!!

• 2 of 5 bubbles

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Entree description did not match what I got and service was horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I went to the restaurant for my birthday, despite some reservations about the noise level on previous visits. Our woes started when we were seated in a booth at the back of the restaurant, with a nearby table of inebriated women talking so loudly to one another that we had to ask to move. We were then seated at the front of the restaurant, where unfortunately we could still hear the women. The restaurant has a serious noise problem which has never been addressed.
I ordered the shrimp and grits, described on the menu as shrimp tossed with tomatoes, onion and garlic over grits. What arrived was a large bowl of shrimp suffocated by an inch thick layer of something like a marinara sauce. I couldn't even see the grits. I was stunned. When the waiter saw me trying to remove the thick goop to my bread plate, all he asked was whether he could take away my bread plate. No offer to get me something else. Marinara sauces don't sit we'll with me, and to eat the shrimp I had to wash them off in my water glass. I finally just gave up and ate nothing but bread. So much for my birthday dinner, the worst dinner I have ever had in my life.
And to add insult to injury, when I again told my waiter that the description of the dish in the menu didn't match what I received, he said nothing. When he brought us our bill he said "the chef is sorry" but billed us for the mess anyway.
So, horrible ambiance, bad food, indifferent waiter, chef who sneers at complaints about the food. What's to like? Absolutely nothing. My husband and I will never go back.

1 Thank countrygal1
Providence, Rhode Island, United States
“Great food - service was...uneven?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

This review is a 4.5. I'm from Rhode Island so I'd never had the chance to visit Lightfoot or Leesburg Virginia until last night. There is a really charming main street and I wished I had been there for Christmas time to see it all lit up. The town aside, I was really looking forward to the restaurant. The outside aesthetics were really classy.

We reserved our table for 530 on Opentable. We would have liked a later reservation though it wasn't possible as it was a busy Saturday night but we wanted to try the restaurant anyway. We were a party of four. We were warmly greeted at reception and promptly seated. The food was top notch - I had shrimp and grits and everyone agreed their food was excellent. My critique of the restaurant was because of the waitress. She was nice, I guess. I was a bartender/server for 11 years so maybe I expect more from my server but if I see a 4-top who are ordering apps, wine, and main courses, I know I'm going to get a decent tip. She basically slammed my friend's beer on the table and kept making sarcastic dry comments about how her arms weren't long enough for the table. Basically insinuating that we should lift our arms and help her serve us. We would have done that anyway but it was bizzarre to be called out about it when we would have helped anyway. Also, she didn't recommend any wines or food or engage with our table. If she had, I would have easily been up-sold on some wines or on my entree. She was busy, I'll give her that and the food came out fast and correct. She just lacked personality which could have made this an unforgettable dining experience. That being said, I would definitely go back on the food alone. Local farm made products and southern flair that I can't get up in the NE.

• Visited November 2012
Leesburg, Virginia
“GREAT Spot with atmosphere & food to match”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

My wife and I love this incredible spot. The service was a little lacking (slooooooow and forgetful). But the food and ambience made us forget quickly. If for no other reason, the Lightfoot is worth the trip just to experience aplace where management actually cares.

• Visited October 2012
Virginia
“Better then Maryland Crab Soup”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Absoulutely the best crab soup I've ever had. Seafood is a religion at our home and we generally only eat seafood at specific resturants we know or have been recommended by friends. When I saw this on the menu I questioned the waiter who also from Maryland insisted I wouldn't be disappointed. A rich flavor with a hint of sherry and what tasted like a half a pound of crab meat.
It was and is worth the trip every time where in Leesburg

• Visited October 2012