“A Little Gem in Leesburg”
Review of Eiffel Tower Cafe - CLOSED

Eiffel Tower Cafe
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Leesburg, Virginia
“A Little Gem in Leesburg”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This quaint restaurant is perhaps a bit hidden in the historic area of downtown Leesburg, but it is nonetheless a great place for a very nice taste of authentic French hospitality, food, and wine. The very gracious French couple that owns and operates Eiffel Tower Cafe' made their home here many years ago. We have found their service to always be very warm and welcoming, and the food and wine offerings consistently very good.

Our recent visit was no exception. Although there were several specials that all sounded quite tempting, we had lobster bisque and escargot as our entrees and beouf filet mignons for our main courses, along with a very nice red wine from Bourgogne. Everything was very good, the filets were perfectly cooked to order as requested, and altogether it made for a very enjoyable, nice and relaxing dinner. Having visited Eiffel Tower Cafe' many times before, I can confidently say that they never disappoint, they maintain a good wine list, the prices are reasonable, and the service is always very good.

• Visited October 2013

Herndon, Virginia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely lunch in Leesburg”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Once is never enough for a wonderful restaurant like the Eiffel Tower Café. My husband invited me for lunch in Leesburg and to my delight he had made reservations at the Eiffel Tower Café . The service was not the best at this visit. It appeared that they were training a new server, but we would not hold that against them because everyone has to be trained on a new job. We ordered a glass of Pinot Giorgio and of Chardonnay. Both wines were very crisp. I had the salmon quiche with crab bisque. If I could have laid my face in the bisque, I would have. It was so good. Creamy but not heavy. Just perfect. The quiche was made with smoked salmon and was very tasty. My husband had the grilled salmon with artisan salad and he enjoyed it very much. The meal was served with hot, crusty French bread that was delicious. We ordered our dessert to go and we have not tasted it yet but it looks like a chocolate marvel. When you visit this café, if you park in the public parking lot, be sure to have your ticket validated at the cafe and your parking is free.

• Visited August 2013
Houston, Texas
“Nice Atmosphere, Nice people, Hit or Miss Food”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Good wine, good wait staff. A nice change from chain restaurants. Quaint; women and old people loved this place. But the sauage I had was hard and dry. Image a tasteless jumbo slim jim left outside all week. On the other hand, the wife goes there more often and has not complained. If my next few visits are better I will update the review.

• Visited August 2013
Herndon, Virginia
“Our favorite French restaurant”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is a lovely, quaint restaurant and the food is exquisite. we've come here many times over the past 6 years (since moving to
Leesburg) and it never disappoints. When you are dining here you could very well be in Paris. This is an intimate little restaurant; very suitable for a special occasion.

Visited May 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Charming French Restaurant”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at Eiffel Tower Cafe two nights ago. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening. We sat outside since the weather was so pleasant. The outdoor seating area is very charming with ivy draped lattice and French music playing softly in the background. We both ordered from the specials menu. I had a three fish medley and my wife had the trout. The fish was expertly prepared. We have dined here many times and I usually go with the specials. I find their specials fresh and well prepared. Their standard menu is good but brief. (If you order from the standard menu, I would recommend the duck breast.) The wine menu is pretty good with a nice selection of French wines reasonably priced. We also split a guava/mango cake for desert that was exceptional. That evening the restaurant was full yet the service was very good.

• Visited July 2013