“New chef and menu- Terrific”
Review of Bella Luna - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed December 13, 2010

We had heard they had a new chef with and menu and thought we would give it a try. The food was delicious, well-presented and the prices very reasonable. I shared and liked the crab cake appetizer and I had the salmon topped with shrimp as my entree which was great.

It was a cold night so a couple of ordered the hot buttered rum--delicious and warmed me to my toes. Besides our group the place was pretty empty so they'll need to get the word out of the new changes.

Reviewed November 30, 2008

I read the other reviews and was a little nervous, but we had a good experience. The food and the service were good. We used an entertainment.com coupon so it was very affordable.

Reviewed October 1, 2008

We were walking down pass the Bella Luna and were solicited
out on the sidewalk by the server to come in. We said "we were
checking out the restaurants in the area and might be back. It looked very expensive and my husband said as much to the server.
We had guests from England and we were taking them to Dulles
airport to fly back to England. We did return to Bella Luna and ordered 4 bowls of soup. (Very expensive soup but delicious) We enjoyed the back ground music and enjoyed the garlic bread with our soup.
Then as the gentlemen from England went to pay the bill the server asked for his tip. (I didn't know that at the time) The gentlemen was not ready to pay the tip as he was checking with us about the amount. We decided to pay the tip and had placed the tip on the table. (A little over 20%) As we were getting up from the table the server came rushing over and once again asked the gentlemen for his tip. (I thought I heard him ask but wasn't sure as I never had any server ask for the tip and could not believe
that was what he had said)
I think it was very rude and if I had known he asked before and then asked again he would not have received that amount of tip.
Since we retired we have been to many many eating establishments and never and I mean never have we ever been
asked for a tip. We were embarrassed for our friends and our
country. We will never return to that establishment.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed March 9, 2008

Adorable, but overpriced. I'd go here for the experience of eating in an Italian restaurant with a bullet hole in the window and to have the servers serenade you.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed February 28, 2008

This was the worst experience I have ever had at a restaurant! I took my grandmother that came to visit from out of town thinking it was a more upscale and tasteful place. I was wrong. The service was lacking. Half my party was served first. My mother and I were served almost 20 mins later (we ordered the same dish). My mother and I got our meals and I could smell that the clams were bad before the waitress laid the dish infront of me. But I still went in for a bite. Once it was in my mouth I had to spit it out as politely as I could. My moms was as spoiled too. After trying to figure out what was wrong with the meal the waitress explained to us that "the chef did not want to be there that night and wasn't aware of the expiration date of the clams that were served to us!" If that wasn't bad enough she somehow managed to say that we could order another entree at no charge but at the time of the check the dishes were still charged. By then we all just wanted to leave! My mother and I didn't eat except for bread and soda and even though we made a case of not having to pay for the entire check they finally only took off the two seafood dishes. I had my 1 year old son with me at the time and he was eating regular food by then. With that lack of attention to such an important factor of running a good restaurant I will never take my son or recommend this restaurant to anybody! In fact I make it a point to steer people away! If we would of eaten the clam dishes we would of been sick by negligence of the chef and manager. What's worse is that the manager did not show any remorse for the situation. The poor waitress was caught in the middle being the messenger between my party and the manager.
I have to say there was nothing wrong that I know of with my grandmothers or husbands dishes but come on!

1  Thank LuvFoodLeesburg