“Tried it a few times but will not return.”
Review of Japanese Kitchen - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Japanese Kitchen
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Food actually tastes good but is either overcooked, dried out, or at the wrong temperature. Service is poor. Very sanitized decor with tacky printer-paper signs in the window. Always changing the rules when a Groupon is involved.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I wish I could give zero star coz I didn't even get the chance to eat. I bought a groupon online and then I drove all the way here for 40 min.
First, they didn't allow us to use the groupon for weekend buffet however it was not specified in the groupon.
Then we decided to take the regular order. However, someone showed up and told us that if I didnt make a reservation I can't use the groupon because they were very busy. However the 2/3 of the tables were empty.
So I asked whether I could make a reservation now and came back 30 min later. They told us that u can only make a reservation in one and a half hours and they can't guarantee we will have a table. They can only serve the people without groupon first.
I dont want to use the groupon any more.
And if I knew that, I would never buy the groupon and I would never recommend anybody.

Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Our family went here for a late lunch and found the staff to be extremely friendly and the food was delicious! My daughter had the sushi which she loved and the rest of us got hibachi. My shrimp was delicious and my other daughter's scallops were cooked to perfection. We will definitely go here again!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

This most recent visit was probably the 5th time I've been to JK, always with my son. Their hibachi was good, but we mostly went for the sushi. Though the food was always good, we had issues with the service on a couple of occasions. Our last visit was just before Christmas, we went for the sushi buffet. They were not serving any hibachi this day, and had NO wait staff, only a busboy. We got our own drinks, and there were about 4 half full plates on sushi on the bar, which was scarfed up quickly. The guy making the sushi couldn't keep up, even though there were only a few tables in the restaurant. I definitely didn't get my money's worth. I got the feeling they wouldn't be around much longer.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We were out for a long Sunday drive and decided to eat at this restaurant by chance. Pricing at Japanese restaurants always gives me sticker shock, and this hibachi-sushi house was running about average in that regard. It is a large, modern, open air kind of place. After toying with the idea of getting some sushi, I settled on the Spicy Seafood Ramen Soup, and my wife got the Teriyaki Chicken. My dinner-sized soup was really quite superb. The soup was large, fiery, and chock full of mussels, squid, shrimp, and mixed vegetables (that last stir-fried prior to adding to the broth, it tasted). The squid was naked in the broth, but tempura-style as a soup topping. It was quite a dinner for just being soup. $15 (but I felt quite satisfied, given its ingredients and the care with which it was prepared). The noodles were several cuts above what I've had a similar places. My wife's teriyaki was also quite good. It was expertly charred and sauced, with a nice array of vegetables, and rice. Expect to pay more for full-on hibachi or full sushi/sashimi plates, but this place will have enough to suit every taste and wallet. We liked it.