“Texas-style BBQ”
Review of The Q Company - CLOSED

The Q Company
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed July 8, 2013

As soon as you enter the door, if you have any Texan in you at all, you know you've happened upon a real Texas-style BBQ joint just a few hundred miles East of where it should be -- in the Hill Country of Central Texas! Unfortunately, if you've never been toTexas, you don't know how authentic this Virginia gem really is -- wide open bar room, booths with as many sauces on the table as there are ways to think about BBQ, smoky-fired grill room, and road signs aplenty. All that's missing are the long-horns, the split-rail fences, and the ice-cold "get one yerself" beer trough (hint, hint)! And, uh....oh yeah, THE FOOD. Regular plate meals just like all the Texas BBQ stalls -- brisket, sausage, and other assorted meats, sweet, strong cornbread, creamy potato salad and slaw, jalapeños aplenty, and Texas-baked beans to DIE FOR! Now, if we only had a good rodeo come into town...

2  Thank WorkFamilyFun

Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is worth a stop. The food is what makes this place. Real casual atmosphere with good service and reasonable prices. Ribs are meaty, not too fatty. They make a special that is a combo of pulled pork, beans and slaw in one bowl, it sounds sort of gross, but it tastes pretty good. Nice portions too.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I've lived in Leesburg my entire life of 28 years and I've been to almost every restaurant and seen a lot of them come and go. My opinion is that this one will not last. The first thing you notice when you walk in is the whole place smells like wood smoke and so will your clothes when you leave. The seating and decor is nice and the staff is friendly although our waitress seemed a little anxious like they've had too much pork in their diet. The menu is tiny, I mean literally you can have a sandwich, platter, or ribs. They serve free cornbread which is pretty good and the food was ok but the sweet potato fries had old bay on them (making them almost too spicy/tangy too eat) and the bbq beans are actually baked beans mixed with kidney beans which are also seasoned so heavily that I could not finish them. The portions are generous and blues music was good but a lot of harley bar patrons and other groups of single guys made me feel uncomfortable being their with two female friends. I will not go back! I recommend vintage 50 or beautiful south in Hamilton for a nice relaxing place with good food.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I liked the food that I was finally able to order, but my first visit didn't go so hot. Yhey were out of 3 different items on their menu, which isn't huge to start with.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Went in and ordered Carry Out and didn't get what we ordered, When we called, they had no interest in doing anything about it. Won't be back, Very sad, food was good, but Customer Service should be important too. My $$$ won't help this small business ever again.