“Good stop for lunch”

MacDowell Brew Kitchen
Ranked #50 of 222 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: http://www.facebook.com/pages/MacDowell-Brew-Kitchen/165330130205892
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Good selection of beers, and staff was friendly. We had lunch there, sitting at the bar. The food was good - though not many options for vegetarians.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

My husband and I came here because I had heard good things about it. The service was a bit slow but they were packed full, so it wasn't unreasonable. The outdoor seating was full, so we had to sit inside -- we will definitely go back with friends and try to get a table outside.

We both chose from their long beer list and shared the moz sticks. My husband had cordon bleu and I had a panini with salad. Mine was just okay, pretty skimpy on the filling, but the chicken was a good size. The prices were fair by any standards, but great for Leesburg. We will return, but I'll get something else on the menu.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have been there several times and think MacDowell's is doing it right. They don't try to be trendy, they don't offer food that doesn't make sense at a place with a two-sided beer list. The staff is friendly, and the atmosphere is great. And I think the food is a great compliment to the beer list. I live 2 miles from Lost Rhino in Ashburn, but I'll happily drive 30 minutes to go to MacDowell's. If you want a place that has a warm feel to it, great beers and good food, then head to MacDowell's.

1  Thank Jim S
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Beer selections rock!, but wouldn't recommend eating here. There is very limited seating and there are better places in the area for bar food.

3  Thank David A
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I'll be honest, I didn't have high expectations for this place. My family and I drove to the Tuscarora Mill to eat and felt like we were dressed too casual. The MacDowell Brew Kitchen was the first place we saw when we walked around to find something else. The set up of the restaurant is a little strange. However the food was really good. I got the sliders - chicken and pork bbq. The fries were great with a garlic seasoning. Everything came out quickly and my family liked their meal as well. I'd probably come back here for drinks and light food but not for dinner.

1  Thank ktmk13