“Great to see a fresh face in the Leesburg restaurant business”

MacDowell Brew Kitchen
Ranked #56 of 225 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: http://www.facebook.com/pages/MacDowell-Brew-Kitchen/165330130205892
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Great atmosphere and lot's of micro-beer selections. Gordon has wonderful plans for his kitchen remoldeling business converted to a brew kitchen. I look forward to the additional renovations and expansion of his food menu. Summer is winding down so I suspect given the weather will start to change soon this is a good place to hang out when it is nice outside.

2  Thank jpj028

Reviewed August 25, 2012

My family and I went on a Sunday afternoon for lunch. The service was a little slow (not sure if they just don't have enough wait staff), but the food was pretty good. The salads were fresh and the pulled pork was fairly tasty. Having stated that, the food options didn't match the beer selection.

1  Thank LL2012
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Tried it out the other day - weather was nice, so we sat outside in the little Tiki-Bar area. Other than the fact that it is next to the (slightly busy) street, it was quite pleasant. Good reggae/indie music, comfy rustic table, white sand, and good service. I almost took my shoes off. Very relaxing.

We had a couple of the micro brews on tap, but MacDowell does not yet have a license to brew their own, so we had to settle for others. Their beer menu was small, and focused on Wheat and IPAs since it is summer.

Food was mostly fried - they could use more non-fried items on the menu. We decided on a couple salads that were perfectly dressed (not too much, not too little) but a little light on the non-lettuce ingredients. the hummus appetizer was nothing special.

We got a chance to talk to the owner who is quite nice and personable and wished him good luck in getting his license to brew his own. We will return when they do, and will take in a music night there as well.

1  Thank John P
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Went with friends and sat outside for beer & appetizers. Split the potato skins with the pork barbecue (name?) with my friend, which was perfect with my beer for a light dinner! Very yummy! Loved the beer (Starr Hill Northern Lights) the waitress recommended based on my description of what I like (hoppy but not too sweet/strong) - her suggestion was on the money. Place was busy on a Friday evening but we never had to wait too long for service. Lively and fun. Sand around tables on ground outside, so especially fun in summer - makes you feel like you're at the beach in Leesburg. Huge selection of beer, but food menu is not too extensive yet. However, it's just the right amount for a beer joint. Not an overwhelming menu, and what they have is excellent pub fare.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I stopped in for lunch today. The fish & chips were really good... not at all greasy and heavy like at many places. They aren't yet brewing their own beer but they're selling great stuff from all over. Today they had over 100 beers on their menu. (I think the waitress said 124!) This spot was a little hard to find since it isn't well marked. It is RIGHT across the street from Tuscarora Mill and now that I know the beer garden in the sand is theirs, I know that's how to spot it easily. Inside is quite small, but on a nice day the beer garden would be a great spot to hang out with some friends.