“A little high on the prices, but a darn good burger” 4 of 5 stars

MELT Gourmet Cheeseburgers
Ranked #1 of 204 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:n5ueLyAP8Z8J:meltgourmetcheeseburgerscom.websitecreatorpropreview2459.com/Products-and-Services/+melt+gourmet+cheeseburgers,+leesburg+va&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
Virginia
“A little high on the prices, but a darn good burger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We decided to try Melt after hearing good things from some friends. We went early on a Friday evening, and there was no line and plenty of tables were available. The seating area is a bit cramped, but it's not THAT bad. You go to the counter and order, they give you a number and you wait at your table for them to bring your food. I did like that they don't take tips-they encourage you to give that money to the local animal shelter (they also have posters on the walls of animals that are currently available for adoption-LOVED this idea). The price is a little steep for burgers-it was ~$30 for 2 burgers (not the specialty ones), 1 order of onion rings (big enough for 2), 1 can of soda and 1 can of beer. They do have a decent beer selection (my husband had a Bitter American from 21st Amendment if that gives you any idea-I also saw Lagunitas in the cooler). There was a bit of a wait for the food (not excessive though), and it was worth it. The burgers are delicious, juicy and have a perfect balance of toppings to burger ratio. They are also huge. You know how wide you have to open your mouth when you yawn really big? Yeah, that's how wide I had to open up to take a bite of my burger. Overall, I think we will definitely be back. I think they could improve on the ordering process, get fountain sodas, etc., but they are off to a good start. Plus, it's good to support local businesses that also have their hearts in the right place with the animal shelter.

• Visited November 2012

• Polish first
“Nicely niched homegrown 'fusion' Diner:0)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Delicious and HUGE! This smart strip mall diner is more than u would expect. They carved out their own niche for work week lunchers by providing high quality 'burgers' (veggie, salmon, turkey, beef, etc) decked out with everything from high quality everyday cheeses to a culinary thrill seeker's dream. Foie gras fries? Check. Parisian style gift box size burger to eat for days? Check.

Also saw some hand spun milk shakes on high demand.

Tip: if u order carry out, walk to the register. there is no sign and u can bypass the line though this may be a right of passage for newbies:0)

Leesburg, Virginia
“The Good, the OK and the Bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The Good: The burgers are great with unlimited options.
The OK: The wait time is considerable and the ordering process is cumbersome with only one order taker but as these are gourmet burgers that is to be expected. The prices are high, averaging $10 per burger. The burgers and buns together are so huge that it is impossible to eat it like a sandwich and thus they are very, very messy. Fortunately a roll of paper towels is included at each table but no silverware.
The Bad: The seating is terrible. We went on a Saturday afternoon and the place was packed with children running all over the place. The few tables are crammed together and the noise level is excruciating.
Summary: If you like burgers, you will like MELT but bring lots of money, lots of patience and order to go.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars
Virginia
“Very good but needs strategic overhaul”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I really like this place and I hope the owners read these reviews. I've eaten here about 5 times and each time the flaws seem so obvious, I wonder why the owners don't make changes:
1. The ordering process is way too slow and complicated. Only one person takes orders, and they're hand written one by one. The menu board is really long, takes too long to read, and then when you decide what you want, you still have to answer multiple questions when you order about cheese selections, toppings, sauce, etc. The line gets really long and slow as a result -- frustrating.
2. The owners should save every penny they earn and buy a soda fountain ASAP. Instead, they sell canned sodas one a time. You can't tell the selection until you're up front (again slowing the ordering) and you finish your drink before the food arrives. Want another one? Get back in line.
3. I think you either like the food or you don't -- I happen to like it enough to keep trying this place. I do wish quantities were smaller and prices were too -- an order of fries is gigantic and too much to go alongside a large burger -- adding 1/3 as many to the same platter for a smaller price would be just as good, and I'd probably eat there more often knowing I'd pay less and feel less guilty. The food also takes a long time to get, but I'm willing to put up with it.
All in all I think it's a nice addition to town, and I hope they can make changes and do well.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank srs3k
Vicenza, Italy
“Messy, Big and Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I ate here last week. Melt is a small independent run storefront place where you order what you like and they deliver when it's ready. It has a diner ambiance with large photos of adoptable animals adorning their walls. Melt is not fast food with the fast food cookie cutter taste. Melt cooks your order specifically for you so it isn't waiting for someone to walk in. I can get a mass produced Fast Food burger practically anywhere. They fit the bill when you're in a hurry, but they're always the same - a thin dry burger with lots of cheap toppings.

I was initially surprised by the price - I had the luncheon special, which was $8.95 and included the freshly prepared 1/2 lb classic burger, a huge portion of fries and a drink. So, for a couple dollars more than fast food, I can get a delicious meal.

It's a big delicious meal for one that came to me as I'd ordered. Mine was pink in the center and covered with thinly sliced lettuce, onions, large tomato slice and "special sauce" on a fresh bun which fits the size of the burger. I can't remember when I had a better tasting burger. The meat's high quality, fresh and has a great pure beef flavor that isn't available at any fast food place. The bun tasted freshly baked. This meal was sooo worth the price. After slicing my burger down the middle, I ate the entire messy thing. Fortunately, like some bar-b-que places, there's a roll of paper towels on the table. I even ate a few fries; just enough to know they were good. In the future I'll just order the burger and skip the fries. For two people I'd order a couple burgers and share the fries.

They're closed on Sunday and open until 9 p.m. My experience was great and I'll return soon. I've already recommended Melt to friends and family.

• Visited August 2012