“Very good but needs strategic overhaul” 4 of 5 stars

MELT Gourmet Cheeseburgers
Ranked #1 of 202 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:n5ueLyAP8Z8J:meltgourmetcheeseburgerscom.websitecreatorpropreview2459.com/Products-and-Services/+melt+gourmet+cheeseburgers,+leesburg+va&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
Virginia
“Very good but needs strategic overhaul”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I really like this place and I hope the owners read these reviews. I've eaten here about 5 times and each time the flaws seem so obvious, I wonder why the owners don't make changes:
1. The ordering process is way too slow and complicated. Only one person takes orders, and they're hand written one by one. The menu board is really long, takes too long to read, and then when you decide what you want, you still have to answer multiple questions when you order about cheese selections, toppings, sauce, etc. The line gets really long and slow as a result -- frustrating.
2. The owners should save every penny they earn and buy a soda fountain ASAP. Instead, they sell canned sodas one a time. You can't tell the selection until you're up front (again slowing the ordering) and you finish your drink before the food arrives. Want another one? Get back in line.
3. I think you either like the food or you don't -- I happen to like it enough to keep trying this place. I do wish quantities were smaller and prices were too -- an order of fries is gigantic and too much to go alongside a large burger -- adding 1/3 as many to the same platter for a smaller price would be just as good, and I'd probably eat there more often knowing I'd pay less and feel less guilty. The food also takes a long time to get, but I'm willing to put up with it.
All in all I think it's a nice addition to town, and I hope they can make changes and do well.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank srs3k

• Polish first
Vicenza, Italy
“Messy, Big and Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I ate here last week. Melt is a small independent run storefront place where you order what you like and they deliver when it's ready. It has a diner ambiance with large photos of adoptable animals adorning their walls. Melt is not fast food with the fast food cookie cutter taste. Melt cooks your order specifically for you so it isn't waiting for someone to walk in. I can get a mass produced Fast Food burger practically anywhere. They fit the bill when you're in a hurry, but they're always the same - a thin dry burger with lots of cheap toppings.

I was initially surprised by the price - I had the luncheon special, which was $8.95 and included the freshly prepared 1/2 lb classic burger, a huge portion of fries and a drink. So, for a couple dollars more than fast food, I can get a delicious meal.

It's a big delicious meal for one that came to me as I'd ordered. Mine was pink in the center and covered with thinly sliced lettuce, onions, large tomato slice and "special sauce" on a fresh bun which fits the size of the burger. I can't remember when I had a better tasting burger. The meat's high quality, fresh and has a great pure beef flavor that isn't available at any fast food place. The bun tasted freshly baked. This meal was sooo worth the price. After slicing my burger down the middle, I ate the entire messy thing. Fortunately, like some bar-b-que places, there's a roll of paper towels on the table. I even ate a few fries; just enough to know they were good. In the future I'll just order the burger and skip the fries. For two people I'd order a couple burgers and share the fries.

They're closed on Sunday and open until 9 p.m. My experience was great and I'll return soon. I've already recommended Melt to friends and family.

1 Thank Marchelaw
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent Burgers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

If you like big, juicy, gourmet burgers then this place is for you. The burger stands like 6 inches tall and is falling over with toppings. if your a thin patty kinda burger loven then this is not your place. My family loves MELT. We drive 20 minutes to get there

1 Thank Marty Y
Ashburn, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never again. Lesson learned.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

In brief, as I don't want to share the negative details. Horrible customer service. Way too expensive. So many other fantastic restaurants in our area. Will never return .

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank L F
LEESBURG
“Are you kidding?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We all know Leesburg is ripe for great trendy restaurants. My family and I were excited to try this new place. It's cramped, noisy, and uncomfortable. The burgers were ok, but sloppy. For the prices they charged, I would have liked silverware at the table so I could cut the burger into a more manageable size, rather than the sloppy mess. Customer service is great if you are the only people there. Poor when busy

• 3 of 5 stars