“Good hotel, good service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg

Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Oakton, Virginia
“Good hotel, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

We used the Hampton Inn for our wedding in November- the hotel was clean and the staff was very attentive prior to the wedding when organizing our wedding block. The hotel notified us whenever a room was booked which was very helpful. We used the hotel shuttle as well, and that arrived to everything on time. The only issue we had was with organizing our wedding block. People would randomly be removed from our wedding block (over and over again despite clearing the list with various staff members), and although they weren't losing their rooms or rates, this made it very difficult to determine who was staying in the hotel since our room list changed every couple of weeks. Overall, I would recommend this hotel, but if using it for a wedding block, I would be sure to double check your room booking list regularly to be sure no one is removed from your block.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
New York State
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

On business trip, was a good place to stay. Don't try to stay here with a big truck, limited room for big vehicles. I had a pick up with a long trailer and just made it. If it was booked, I would not have been able to park. Room was very spacious, front desk clerk was very good at explaining things. Had a chance to grab a breakfast before I left in the morning which was more that toast. Overall good place.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Berryville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Other than the mildew around the bathtub caulking, the rooms were very clean and comfortable. The bedding was comfortable and pillows were very comfortable. Hotel staff accommodating. Breakfast was typical of all Hampton Inns and to my mind satisfactory.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

West Bend, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We are Hampton Inn fans, so when we had an event in Leesburg to attend we immediately reserved a room for two nights at the Hampton Inn. It had the same layout and amenities you'll find at any Hampton Inn. The room was clean and the breakfast had all the usual food and beverage items. However, the front desk service was the absolute worst we've experienced in memory.

First, we were lucky to find the front desk staffed whenever we needed assistance throughout our two-day stay. It was simply vacant--no sign, no coverage, no idea of when someone would be returning...even in mid-afternoon. Even in the morning when we wanted to check-out!

Second, finding a person at the front desk didn't mean you would actually get any assistance. Our first evening we decided to go to a movie since we found out that Leesburg had a multiplex. When we asked at the front desk for directions, the woman behind the desk didn't even know there was a movie theater in Leesburg and told us to ask around in the mall area. Really? That's the best the hotel can do?

Third, check-in meant waiting in line for a while and then being treated as if we were interrupting the desk clerk who seemed attached to the phone. Our HHonors profile indicates a preference for a room on a lower floor and away from the elevator. I repeated that request upon check-in, and the clerk said he'd find me the perfect room. What he produced as if he was doing us a favor was a room on an upper floor near the elevator. We repeated our room location preference, to which he replied that he really didn't have anything else available at the moment, but we could check back later to see if more rooms were cleaned (it was already 3:30 p.m.). Witnessing how deceptive he was, we took the room rather than taking a chance.

Meanwhile, another couple we were meeting at the hotel arrived a few hours later. They reported that the desk clerk was on the phone the entire time they checked-in, even motioning them to initial the room rate without missing a beat on his phone conversation. The clerk never spoke a single word to them, and the room they got was smokey and dirty even though they had reserved a non-smoking room.

As noted at the beginning, we are fans of Hampton Inn, but came away with a bad experience with the property in Leesburg. If I had to go to Leesburg again, I'd book a room in the Homewood Suites next door to the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank 298DickZ
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Very nice, clean, comfortable room. We had a large suite which had everything we needed. Large, very comfortable bed. It was nice having the sink outside of the bathroom, but the bathroom itself was very small. Friendly staff. Complimentary breakfast was good and what you would expect. The location was convenient to historic downtown Leesburg. I would recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I was greeted as entered the hotel my the friendly and helpful manager. He had me checked in and to my room in less than a minute. He saw me in the lobby later and asked me if everything was meeting my expectations.

Unfortunately, someone had turned the heat off (I assume to costs until someone got into huge room). Unfortunately, it was about 40 degrees outside and about 60 degrees in the room. It took about 2 hours to get the room to a reasonable temperature.

Although the hotel us in a convenient location just a short distance from plenty of shops and downtown Leesburg, the hotel is situated in what looked like a rougher location. I would not want to walk anywhere in the area. It was also difficult to find. I had to drive around for 30 minutes trying to find it. Minimal signage. I had passed it twice.

The breakfast was great. Plenty of selection and good temperature.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was spacious.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Littleton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Me and my wine posse friends needed a nice place to crash our last night of a fun-filled Virginia wine country adventure and the Hampton Inn was perfect. Upon making reservations I had some concerns regarding my confirmation email and the staff was very accommodating addressing them. Plus when we needed extra time in the morning to pack up our wine to take on the plane, the staff extended our check out and pointed us in the right direction for shipping supplies. Wonderful!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Leesburg
Clarion Inn Historic Leesburg
SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg? Share your experiences!