“Wedding Accommodation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
new york
“Wedding Accommodation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Yes, it is a Hampton Inn - and an exceptionally clean, comfortable and attractive one. We chose it as one of two hotels (with the adjacent Homewood Suites for those who needed larger suites) to provide accommodations for our daughter's wedding, and it was a very good choice. The hotel has been completely refurbished recently, and it looks like a new Hampton Inn. Breakfast was excellent. The staff was extraordinarily pleasant and accommodating in everything from disbursing welcome bags to arranging the shuttle (right on time!) to and from our wedding venue (one trip each way is provided). We stayed at this hotel a couple of months before the wedding, and our solo stay sold us on this Hampton Inn as an option for our wedding guests, who were happy with this choice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Takoma Park, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed her for a family wedding at near by Rosehill manor with reception at Clyde's Willow Creek Farm. Convenient, friendly staff, clean rooms, nice free breakfast, and coffee available all day long! Old town Leesburg nearby. Shuttle bus from Dulles Airport.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I had to come to Leesburg on personal business. The Hampton Inn and Suites met just about all my expectations: it's in a great location, staff were friendly and helpful, room was clean and quiet, bed was quite comfortable, indoor pool was good (would have been better if it hadn't been completely overrun with a visiting high school lacrosse team!). Breakfast was OK; fresh fruit, coffee, pastries good, but hot egg dishes not very good. I would certainly come back here and would also recommend it to friends.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Mannington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We had stayed at the Hampton Inn Leesburg before, but not for several years. This time around, we were very disappointed by the quality of the beds. Hamptons normally have wonderful beds, but the king bed in our room was as hard as a rock.

We were told by a desk clerk and by the manager that their beds were Serta Cloud 9s and that they continually received compliments on them, but, all the same, to us they seemed very, very firm. If I'd been the only one who'd had trouble sleeping on them, I would have chalked it up to my weight (300+ pounds), but my 150-pound husband found the bed hard too.

That said, the staff there were very kind and they tried to help. In particular, the night desk clerk saw me drifting through the lobby at 11:15 p.m., having tried and failed to get to sleep, and although I did not approach her about it she made a point of asking whether she could help me. When I explained that I could not sleep because the bed was too hard, she first offered to let me change rooms (but explained that all the beds were the same, so I declined) and then went to get me a pillow. I had fixed myself a hot chocolate by the time she came back, so she actually carried the pillow up to my room for me rather than making me wait to have it until I'd finished my chocolate. I was extremely impressed by her kindness, and that is why this review is a three-star review rather than a one-star review. But, even with the pillow, it was difficult to get to sleep on that bed. If you like firm beds, I'm sure it was a firm bed of excellent quality, but we don't.

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Matt U, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. While we appreciate your kind words regarding our team members, we are very sorry that our bedding did not meet your needs. We will take your comments under consideration as we work to improve our guest experience. Again, we apologize and we hope you will come visit us in the future.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed here a week or so ago and had a fine time. It was for business so I was crashing for the most part. Hotel was very clean. Check-in process went smooth even though the clerk was in training. The HV/AC unit was a bit loud and probably affected my sleep. Breakfast was good. Overall, this hotel is exactly what you would expect from a Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: No real views to speak of, so don't bother requesting a specific room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here last weekend for my husband's birthday so we could visit some local wineries/breweries. All of the staff were very friendly, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The hot tub in the pool area was also nice. It's not a five star hotel, but for a Hampton, this property is one of the better ones.

• 3 of 5 stars
Reading, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We had a great stay here! Hotel was clean and neat. Complimentary breakfast was satisfying. The room was quiet and very clean. We stayed on a First Friday of the month - the desk clerk was very helpful in obtaining all the information necessary to make a very good decision on what to do.
Showers were great!!!
For the price, this was a relaxing enjoyable stay. I would recommend this to anyone and stay here again.

• 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Leesburg
Clarion Inn Historic Leesburg
SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg? Share your experiences!