“Just Ok”

Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Hotel was nice for a Hampton Inn. Room was clean and the service was just ok. I would stay here again but I think the staff could be a little more happier about working here.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Erin R, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2012

Thank you jgwvu1 for your insightful trip advisor review. We really appreciate your feedback. We strive to have each of our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay, and I'm sorry that you felt that our staff was lacking in the personality department. We will definitely bring this situation to our staff meeting, as this is a vital piece for the front desk. Thank you and please visit us again in the near future. We look forward to it!

Reviewed November 21, 2011

Since my arrival I was welcomed as HHonor guest in Hilton. The staff of the front desk is supportive and helpful. I was assigned room as I asked for. The hotel is near the outlet mall and the hotel offers complimentary shuttle. There are many restaurants near to the hotel. I liked the area as it is quite and nice. I wish return back soon.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Mo2men
mark_meloy, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2011

Thank you Mo2men for your kind feedback about our property. We appreciate knowing that you felt at home while staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Leesburg. We take great pride in providing the ultimate stay for our guests and always like to hear feedback on how we are doing! We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future and hope that we can achieve the same feedback next time! Have a wonderful holiday.

Reviewed October 21, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for one night and the experience could not be faulted . A warm welcome was recieved by the reception team who were also very helpful in recommending local restaurants as well as assisting with directions and discounts for the nearby Lees burg Outlet Mall - which is really great.
We availed of the free wifi ( fast )and the self service breakfast ( good) the next morning.Did not use the pool or any other facilities.

All in all a very good experience which also was good value for money - I recommend this hotel .

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
mark_meloy, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2011

747/400,

Thank you so much for the rave reviews for our reception team and their ability to offer area information and directions to you. We take pride our business and sincerely thank you for offering your feedback on our service. We are happy to hear that you had a great experience and will recommend us in the future.
Thank you again and we look forward to having you back!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed October 17, 2011

Overall clean, clean breakfast area/lobby/room. In order to get two beds, we were placed in a handicap room across from the elevator. Very loud in the early morning, due to wedding guest traffic. Beds were so-so, comforter on one was lumpy. Breakfast was good, good coffee. Pool/hot tub weren't so clean in appearance. The bathroom had a strange smell but I believe it was the water.

Room Tip: Request a room far from the elevator!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank SJGJ

SJGJ,

Thank you very much for your review. We value the feedback of our guests and appreciate your time in doing so. However, I do apologize for the wedding group noise that you experienced in the early morning. Each time that we have a group in house we learn something new. In this past month, we have started accommodating more of our groups in rooms that are closer to one another, so that we can cut down on our noise levels in the AM and PM. I hope that you will return and I'm sure that will have a very positive experience in the future.
We are happy to hear that your overall stay was a positive experience. And we look forward to having you here again!

Reviewed October 3, 2011

This is the nicest Hampton inn I've stayed at. Clean, nice rooms, good helpful staff.

• Stayed: October 2011
mark_meloy, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a comment on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate your feedback and are very happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next stay and hope to see you soon.
Have a great day.

Reviewed September 23, 2011

Arriving and departing from Washington Dulles for our fly drive trip, we found these Hampton Inn and Suites an ideal location, less than 20 miles from the airport, for our first two and last two nights. Directions given on hotel site are excellent, easy to follow and accurate. Just what you need after a transatlantic flight. I had experienced some difficulty on the hotel website in booking two different types of rooms for our party (probably my fault rather than that of the site), but a telephone call from the UK to Amanda resolved any problem I had. She was amazing. On arrival Clark Henry welcomed us and made us most welcome. When we returned prior to leaving the US we were dealt with by Mark and Matthew who were truly professional, with warmth and humour. The rooms are Hampton stereotype and exactly what we expected. Everything you need is on hand and the entire hotel was spotlessly clean. Breakfast can be a bit of a battle, especially at weekends when there is likely to be a wedding party of 'family size' proportions, but the food is plentiful and varied. During our last two nights there was a fairly noisy group staying, but do not let this put you off what is a very good hotel experience. If we ever comeback into Dulles we will not hesitate to use this accommodation.

Room Tip: Avoid 213 as it is next to the lift (elevator) which 'dings' when doors open, and has large...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank RugbyRef

We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We have taken your feedback into consideration and have started to offer a separate wedding guest area for seating. We appreciate your willingness to offer your honest feedback and are happy that you will continue to stay with us in the future. Thank you and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed September 13, 2011

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Leesburg for three nights and had a good stay. It's nice to have an indoor pool when it's rainy outside and the staff can't be beat. After a long day, I decided to order in and was pleased to have the front desk call me when it arrived to confirm my order and if I wanted it delivered to my room. Very nice "security" check.

I was in a suite, a nice large room with a small kitchen, a couch and a large closet to get your things out of the way. The room is clean and bright, decently furnished and has good air conditioning. The bathroom had a couple quirks: the shower head is good and adjustable, but if you're under 5'6" changing the stream will be a real challenge and secondly, the toilet paper is hard to find, especially when half asleep. It's located on the wall behind the bathroom door. Not a big deal, just odd.

The little breakfast area is pleasant and there's something for everyone in the morning 7-10 am. It's not great, but there's precooked eggs, various cereals, sausage (salty), hash browns, juices, milk and coffee, and lots of breads.

It's a good location about 20 minutes west of Dulles, out of the rush areas and excellent access toward the western parts of Virginia and West Virginia.

I was surprised to be charged for what I thought were free local calls; I didn't read the small print on a small piece of paper in with my room keys. I should have and I believe the front desk staff should have clarified the situation upon check-in. Not all local calls are treated equally. Perhaps all American hotels are doing this now - even though I called a "local" number, it was a cell phone so I was charged for long distance interstate calls. My four 1 or 2 minute calls totalled $19.41 on my bill. Lesson learned, it's cheaper to send a text message or e-mail and have them call back. If your cell phone has roaming, call on that. Message to me: Don't make this mistake again.

But, despite my telephone disappointment, this is a good choice in the Leesburg area and I'd certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Comfort Suites Leesburg
Comfort Suites Leesburg
#3 of 7 in Leesburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Leesburg
Clarion Inn Historic Leesburg
SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg? Share your experiences!