“Too many Anitas?”

Cuisines: Mexican
Lovettsville, Virginia
“Too many Anitas?”
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Been going to different anitas for years, and come to this one about once every 6 months lately. And that may be too often. I think i may be done now. Anitas of the 80s and 90s was something special. Now it seems most meals taste the same. Nothing great. And paying too much for average food. I kept going back over the past 4-5 years hoping it would be better. The best thing may be the strawberry margarita. Just went tonight with two of my kids, and i think this was it for me. I am just not gonna pay $40 for dinner for three that is average at best. Too bad. I miss the old days.

near Washington, DC
“I used to love Anitas”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We have eaten in several Anitas over the years. In Chantilly, especially, but in the Vienna area, as well, and so on. Used to be inexpensive and good . . . nothing fancy back then, just grabbing a quick bite or taking the kids out etc. The food reminded me so much of the Tex Mex with which I gew up, more New Mexico, even.

The owner showed up often (a wonderful lady). She worked very hard to grow that business. It has continued to expand since, and I guess it has loyal customers. Other members of the family took over the business eventually, of course.

I just think there are better choices now. In Leesburg I would go for Del Rio.

The Anitas in Leesburg we found to be a bit dark, with slow service.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank DCpumpkin
Richmond, Virginia
“real mexican food virginia?”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

YES! We live in VA after many years in AZ...and a trip to Mexico every year. We know real Mexican food and have had a hard time finding it in VA.
Good green sauce has been impossible to find, so we were thrilled to see it on the menu and it was delicious. Service was good and friendly.

Visited September 2012
Leesburg, Virginia
“Get Your Breakfast Here!!!”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

A friend told me about Anita's, and how he would go get 20 breakfast burrito's for the office on mornings when they had meetings. He couldn't say enough good things about it...Easy, Cheap and really good.

I finally tried it and he was right, and I'm hooked! I started with the regular breakfast burrito: Eggs, cheese, and potatoes for $1.39! I now buy for the office occasionally and these are the ones to get, when buying 20+. My family is now hooked too. We each have our favorite. For me it's Chorizo with Jalapenos, Son is with sausage, Wife goes for the Mexicano (taco meat). Try them all and find your favorite. Nothing better after a night out!

Note: Call ahead and order and it will be ready when you walk in-avoid the line. Also be sure to get the little cup of salsa and use it!

• Visited September 2012
Vicenza, Italy
“Good "Mexican" Breakfast”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I've eaten breakfast at Anita's in Leesburg a 2 or 3 times a year for many years, so I know what to expect.

Most recently I had the Mr. T Special with green chili sauce (red sauce on the menu) over the marinated pork. It comes with a couple eggs, a side of hash browns and two warm flour tortillas. After growing up in Colorado and West Texas, it's nice to have a decent "Tex-Mex" breakfast in Leesburg, Virginia. At Anita's, the green chili sauce more mild than the red sauce. Since I can't eat as spicy now, I ask for green chili with my meals. For me, the coffee is rather weak, but tastes OK.

I haven't eaten lunch or dinner, so I can't rate them, but breakfast is good. The service is both friendly and quick. It's a good choice for "not fast food" breakfast in Leesburg.

• Visited August 2012