“Mixed Review” 3 of 5 stars

Eggspectation
Ranked #57 of 204 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Shenandoah Valley, VA
“Mixed Review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Took a good friend here for brunch on a weekday and saw only one other occupied table the entire meal. As others have said, menu is probably too extensive for anything to be fabulous and prices are so over the top! Brunch for two (pancakes! and crab benedict) was $47. Fresh OJ was nearly $5 and just awful--sour and in one of those machines that keeps it circulating. For $5 it should be hand-squeezed at the table! Benedict eggs were hard even after I mentioned I wanted them runny--which I believe is the norm for Benedict eggs. Waiter was very friendly and service was excellent--even going so far as to give us a piece of fancy cake for free. No matter, however, since even great service and free food can't make up for high prices and not-so-great food. I don't know that we'll go back as there are many other choices for breakfast in the area.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Tellitlikeitis2_12

Thornton, Colorado
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Not too crowded at lunch time, could be the location as there are ALOT of other good restaurants within walking distance. A bit pricey for what we got too. Went here with a Groupon and still feel like I paid too much.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Cassidy528
Ashburn, va
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This place has the opportunity to be really a great restaurant. But I believe only once have we had good service. The rest of the time it has been below par. Their food is good but overpriced. Atmosphere is great but then they put on head-banger music, Cleanliness has been okay.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank DColvin
Wash. DC
“Overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Very large menu selection. I would probably recommend that they pare back the menu and improve the quality.
I felt the food was vastly overpriced-anytime I spend 80 dollars for breakfast for 4 and not at the Ritz Carlton I have to wonder if I will return.
The food was ordinary, service was good.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank gary0529
Lovettsville, Virginia
“Great menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

But indeed a bit pricy. Clever seating, but whoever picked out the park benches did not sit on them for more than 5 mins. Not comfy. If seated in one of them, i would rec asking to be seated elsewhere. We have been there several times, and are always pleased with the quality of the food, just not pleased with the check! Now we go when its only hubby and me. Too much $$ to bring the whole family.

• 3 of 5 stars