WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Ironwood Tavern - CLOSED

Ironwood Tavern
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 15
Description: The art of cooking with wood enhances the Ironwood Tavern"s experience with bold flavors simply not found with alternative cooking methods. Executive Chef Luis incorporates the seasonal offerings such as beef, pork, poultry, seafood and fresh produce from small local farms and purveyors for our cuisine. Craft beer is our focus and our passion. All of our 24 craft beers on draft reflect a personal vision. Our craft beer list is different, intriguing, and constantly evolving, like the world of craft beer itself. A menu that features styles from all over the world, but is predominantly American and local in focus. Our craft beer experts works with chef Luis to develop the menus, and that the pair sometimes start with the beer and work backwards to the food from there.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Decent meal for a decent price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

A group of three of us came here one night not long after they opened. It was pretty empty and the service was very good, but again, empty. We all got something different and all liked our dinners. I was surprised to hear others say it was overpriced; I think the prices are very reasonable for Loudoun County. We paid under $75 for dinner and drinks for three. I wasn't blown away by it, but it was good. We'll come back with others at some point, but aren't in a rush to get back here. I can see this being a good atmosphere for happy hour, but it is kind of dark inside for a summertime hangout.

• Visited November 2012

Ashburn, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Prime Ribs !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

We were there last weekend for dinner from Leesburg shopping mall. It is very close to shopping mall. We ordered prime rib dinner specials and really enjoyed the dish.
Service is very attentive. They also have large selection of craft beers. We will try next time if we get opportunity.

Leesburg, Virginia
“It'll do...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

Maybe this place is good for Happy Hour... but I went with my family for dinner. First of all, the place was DEAD. My group and maybe two other groups occupied the entire restaurant. It was awkwardly quiet. The tables for large parties are ALL high top tables, which makes it hard for grandparents. The food was your typical All-American food... but not the best All-American food I've ever had. It's just... so-so. And it is kind of pricey for the quality you get when it's not on HH special.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
“Good place for craft beer and Hickory grilled food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We were there for Friday dinner, we enjoyed hickory grilled sword fish pasta (pasta). Also liked new craft beer (Cherry Blossom Lager beer).

Ashburn, Virginia
“Ok for happy hour maybe”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

We went there to celebrate my husband's birthday. Hostess was friendly, waitstaff was just.. weird. We went there Friday evening and expected a wait.. surprisingly more than half the restaurant was empty. We ordered a spinach and artichoke dip and that was pretty good. The waitress stopped by with mini corn breads and I told my son they have egg and he can't have them (he is allergic), the waitress overheard that and just said a rude "OK" picked the basket and left. Waiter seemed very unsure and nervous. My husband enjoyed the craft beers, the cab i ordered was good. My husband's filet Mignon was very average. My sons split the ribeye and it had no flavor. I ordered the Mediterranean veggie platter (I am a vegetarian) and it was really really bad. The pita smelled of burnt butter, no seasoning in the hummus and baba ghanouj. The decor is definitely not upscale. There is open wiring and tubing and what looked like dust/spiderwebs/grime in the corners. Prices were decent, but don't think I'll go there again.

• Visited March 2013