“Change of ownership or cooks I believe”
Review of Ironwood Tavern - CLOSED

Ironwood Tavern
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 15
Description: The art of cooking with wood enhances the Ironwood Tavern"s experience with bold flavors simply not found with alternative cooking methods. Executive Chef Luis incorporates the seasonal offerings such as beef, pork, poultry, seafood and fresh produce from small local farms and purveyors for our cuisine. Craft beer is our focus and our passion. All of our 24 craft beers on draft reflect a personal vision. Our craft beer list is different, intriguing, and constantly evolving, like the world of craft beer itself. A menu that features styles from all over the world, but is predominantly American and local in focus. Our craft beer experts works with chef Luis to develop the menus, and that the pair sometimes start with the beer and work backwards to the food from there.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

While I think it's still the best of leesburg, price, food...I have noticed a few things, first you now get mini corn rolls, which are good, not so much the BBQ butter, I would offer good real butter or cinnamon butter, no simple side salads offered, like a house salad, should be on menu as a choice. The steaks are very good, especially with the Myers mustard sauce I requested with my last filet, that's a winner, should offer a sirloin steak as well, rib eye can be too fatty, ground sirloin would be smart as well, their ice cream brownie sundae has gotten less syrup, more cake like, but being a diabetic, and I shouldn't have to begin with, is a plus for me, some might be a bit disappointed . Wine list is ultra cheap, meaning for the price, the offerings are pretty bad, especially with leesburg vintner in town, mike the owner could improve there offerings, but it's mostly a beers from all over which is their specialty. If I owed the place, I would add a few more options, such as catfish, the sirloin, some wheat rolls, house salad. A lot of the bigger tables for families with kids are too high for high chairs, this should be remedied. But over all, this is a great addition to the burg. Just need to expand a bit. Burgers are excellent, service is good, atmosphere pretty low, but it doesn't bother me, great bar, great beers, great bargain.

1  Thank ndirish55

Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

We were there yesterday for dinner. Ordered salmon salad, chicken burger and wings, all cooked perfectly and delicious.
Also ordered sample beer flight and enjoyed drinks. We will go back.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband and I have eaten at Ironwood many times for dinner, and we always enjoyed our meals. Tonight, we noticed that the food was not as flavorful as it has been. My strip steak had a lot of fat, and it only included two stalks of asparagus. (Previously, the steak dinners or specials came with four or five stalks of asparagus.) My husband said that his prime rib did not have as much flavor as the last time he ordered it. We've also noticed an increase in prices. Oh, and if you're not a classic rock lover, you will be really annoyed!

2  Thank kuke2
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Ironwood Tavern is located in the same parking lot as Leesburg's Walmart. There was a large group leaving and commenting on their enjoyable lunch as we entered the restaurant.
It seemed plain in decor but it was a dreary Saturday and that would definitly take its toll. Our server was prompt and personable. We ordered sandwiches - me, the grilled chicken on ciabatta with sweet potato fries - my husband, their veggie sammie with the same. Both selections were simply delicious, the chicken moist and their sweet potato fries not greasy or overcome with salt.
As a tavern would, they have a good selection of beers on draught - I'm a Guinness girl, but recognized many as microbrews. Their cocktail menu also looked like a yum, with combos that sounded delicious. Oh, and Saturday their "happy hour" starts at lunchtime with reduced prices on appetizers, also.
We will definitely be returning to Ironwood Tavern - the next time, for dinner, with friends.

1  Thank VALinnie
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My kids didn't mind the mac & cheese...the menu didn't offer much that my husband and I would even want to try, I felt safe with a cheese burger...and the hostess looked confused trying to seat us. The place was pretty empty except for some locals. Our waitress was nice, but I felt like she had just come in from her smoke break. We wished we had ordered pizza at the hotel.

1  Thank Robin M