“Excellent Craft beer selection and delicious food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ironwood Tavern - CLOSED

Ironwood Tavern
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 15
Description: The art of cooking with wood enhances the Ironwood Tavern"s experience with bold flavors simply not found with alternative cooking methods. Executive Chef Luis incorporates the seasonal offerings such as beef, pork, poultry, seafood and fresh produce from small local farms and purveyors for our cuisine. Craft beer is our focus and our passion. All of our 24 craft beers on draft reflect a personal vision. Our craft beer list is different, intriguing, and constantly evolving, like the world of craft beer itself. A menu that features styles from all over the world, but is predominantly American and local in focus. Our craft beer experts works with chef Luis to develop the menus, and that the pair sometimes start with the beer and work backwards to the food from there.
“Excellent Craft beer selection and delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

We were there yesterday for dinner. Ordered salmon salad, chicken burger and wings, all cooked perfectly and delicious.
Also ordered sample beer flight and enjoyed drinks. We will go back.

Virginia
“Gone down hill recently”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband and I have eaten at Ironwood many times for dinner, and we always enjoyed our meals. Tonight, we noticed that the food was not as flavorful as it has been. My strip steak had a lot of fat, and it only included two stalks of asparagus. (Previously, the steak dinners or specials came with four or five stalks of asparagus.) My husband said that his prime rib did not have as much flavor as the last time he ordered it. We've also noticed an increase in prices. Oh, and if you're not a classic rock lover, you will be really annoyed!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank kuke2
Northern Virginnie
“Good drinks, delicious food, great coffee - we'll return!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Ironwood Tavern is located in the same parking lot as Leesburg's Walmart. There was a large group leaving and commenting on their enjoyable lunch as we entered the restaurant.
It seemed plain in decor but it was a dreary Saturday and that would definitly take its toll. Our server was prompt and personable. We ordered sandwiches - me, the grilled chicken on ciabatta with sweet potato fries - my husband, their veggie sammie with the same. Both selections were simply delicious, the chicken moist and their sweet potato fries not greasy or overcome with salt.
As a tavern would, they have a good selection of beers on draught - I'm a Guinness girl, but recognized many as microbrews. Their cocktail menu also looked like a yum, with combos that sounded delicious. Oh, and Saturday their "happy hour" starts at lunchtime with reduced prices on appetizers, also.
We will definitely be returning to Ironwood Tavern - the next time, for dinner, with friends.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank VALinnie
Buffalo, New York, United States
“Not Great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My kids didn't mind the mac & cheese...the menu didn't offer much that my husband and I would even want to try, I felt safe with a cheese burger...and the hostess looked confused trying to seat us. The place was pretty empty except for some locals. Our waitress was nice, but I felt like she had just come in from her smoke break. We wished we had ordered pizza at the hotel.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Robin M
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Excellent friday night drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I went here for Friday night drinks with some workmates.
The service is amazing. Steve will remember everyone’s name, he is extremely polite and very professional!
The beer is excellent the food is good and it all won’t leave a massive hole in your wallet.
My wife and I left full and pretty happy and it only cost us $35.
I am looking forward to next Friday!

• Visited November 2012